Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    505 on the bench, got done, stood up, looked back at the bar and it was bending in the rack. 5X5X405 was great, 405 on incline was another. At 270 lbs BW

Strong AF dude!
    505 on the bench, got done, stood up, looked back at the bar and it was bending in the rack. 5X5X405 was great, 405 on incline was another. At 270 lbs BW

Strong AF dude!

No where near those now, had rotator cuff surgery 2.5 years ago. Up to 385 on flat and 340 on incline bench.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I once pinned Mr. Costanza to end Festivus!

https://youtu.be/HQFLqMyo0fo
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Benched 140 kg 5x5 with a slight rotator cuff injury. I'm stubborn. My 1RM is 175 kg
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    My first 300 lb dead lift (just a couple weeks ago). Watch out, 315!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107cI3DqHas

Seeing how easy that came off the floor, I'd put good money on you having 315 in you now.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options

Strong AF dude!

Strong AF dude!

No where near those now, had rotator cuff surgery 2.5 years ago. Up to 385 on flat and 340 on incline bench.

RC's can be a real B! I had to take of 7 mo after messing my left up. I now go crazy on warmups. Good to hear you can still bench. Those are still impressive numbers.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options

You should be in a movie as a superhero! That's like superhuman
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wow...you all are incredible!

I just started lifting, but surprised myself at my 160lb 1rm... I know it's nothing at the moment...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't know - finally getting my head out of my [redacted] and following some decent programming, so I was able to deadlift 455 lb? Or maybe my first PL meet, where I hadn't been able to pull 355 in the gym (stupid no-chalk policy), had pulled 330 or 335 for 8 - so I thought that maybe I could get 380; but 355 was so easy, I decided on 410 and got it? Or maybe this past weekend, benching 225 + the 110 lb or so bands that had pinned me about two months ago?
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options

I just started lifting, but surprised myself at my 160lb 1rm... I know it's nothing at the moment...

Not bad for a newbie! What type of lift was that?

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I can still carry my 90lb 10 year old around.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sets of 7-8 weighted pull-ups with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles... sets of 8-9 weighted dips with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles. I haven't tried for a 1 x maximum on either yet.

Due to this thread I tried to get closer to a 1 x maximum weighted pull-up and dip this morning. Did 2 pull-ups with a 75 lb dumbbell and 3 dips with a 75 lb dumbbell. I think I need to find a belt to hang weights from to go any higher, it's tough to hold 75 lbs between your ankles!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Sets of 7-8 weighted pull-ups with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles... sets of 8-9 weighted dips with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles. I haven't tried for a 1 x maximum on either yet.

Due to this thread I tried to get closer to a 1 x maximum weighted pull-up and dip this morning. Did 2 pull-ups with a 75 lb dumbbell and 3 dips with a 75 lb dumbbell. I think I need to find a belt to hang weights from to go any higher, it's tough to hold 75 lbs between your ankles!

Check out spud inc's dip belt. Ive had 185 on it for dips with no problems. @mburgess458 https://www.elitefts.com/spud-inc-dip-belt-black.html
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Not bad for a newbie! What type of lift was that?

Deadlift. I find I progress faster with them than any other lift. The last time I lost weight, I did it stupidly and lost a lot of muscle.. even bodyweight squats were incredibly difficult. So far I am doing 5x5 @ 65lbs
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Oh @buffalogal42 I hated rope climbs in school and have never tried them since.
    Well done on overcoming the high school fail. I'm in awe.

Cheers, h.