Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hitting 350 bench, 480 DL, and 500 squat were a big deal in my early 30s. I'm down considerably from that now but doing the Westside Barbell method to get back there.
  • Coachjr29
    Options
    Mine was once I hit 135lbs for 5x5 on bench (strict form)

That's pretty awesome for a lady! I have a 16 year old girl in class that's at 150 right now chasing a 170 lb record.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    At a bodyweight of just under 100kg (220lbs):

Deadlift: 260kg (575) for a triple
    Bench Press: 160kg (350lbs) for 2 reps
    Squat: 220kg (485lbs)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    My first 300 lb dead lift (just a couple weeks ago). Watch out, 315!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107cI3DqHas

Seeing how easy that came off the floor, I'd put good money on you having 315 in you now.

I was so excited to hit 300, I didn't even try 305. And I was exhausted. LOL My goal is to hit 315 by my 42nd birthday in March, but secretly I want to get it by Christmas, or even Thanksgiving. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow...you all are incredible!

I just started lifting, but surprised myself at my 160lb 1rm... I know it's nothing at the moment...

That's awesome! The only competition is yourself.
  • Coachjr29
    Options
    Am I the only one who squats more than I DL? Embarrassing.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Coachjr29 wrote: »

i'd say mine are within 5% of each other. Even when I was a complete beginner (2010-ish) I have always squatted and deadlifted about the same amount. My bench on the other hand.... :wink:
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I have always deadlifted more than I could squat, my 1RMs are 90 lbs apart.
  • Coachjr29
    edited October 2016
    Options

Most peoples are. That's why I'm embarrassed. I work on it all the time. Maybe I need to program it different.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Most peoples are. That's why I'm embarrassed. I work on it all the time. Maybe I need to program it different.

I squat 3x a week and deadlift twice a week, but my deadlift has always progressed faster. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone has different body dimensions and mechanics so maybe you are just a more natural squatter.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I know a few people who have squats either the same or slightly higher than their deadlift. Frequently it's people who have a massive mechanical advantage in their squat.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

Well, I am really weird. When I was really working on the heavy lifting, my bench press was the same as my deadlift and my squat was heavier than both. I blame hip replacement surgery though. Sadly none of them are very high. This thread makes me want to work harder on increasing the numbers again.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Mine was once I hit 135lbs for 5x5 on bench (strict form)

That's pretty awesome for a lady! I have a 16 year old girl in class that's at 150 right now chasing a 170 lb record.

Ladies nearly putting me to shame! There's some awesomely strong people on here.

• buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    And my new one ... no idea if it is "good" or not but I pushed 640lbs on the prowler sled tonight (just my second time pushing that thing). I was ready to collapse but I still did it. :-)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Yep, my deadlift is much more than squat. For some reason, I am finding it a little difficult to.progress with squats. :/
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    And my new one ... no idea if it is "good" or not but I pushed 640lbs on the prowler sled tonight (just my second time pushing that thing). I was ready to collapse but I still did it. :-)

Yes - that's very good. As in, seriously? 640 added, or total? And what surface? I don't know what the Prowler weight is, but I've only been able to push - I don't remember, but it wasn't much - on a rubberized mat.