I Hate Exercise

Options
1235»

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I can't do gyms either, I just choose an activity that involves something physical that I like and which I can progress towards. Sometimes external motivation helps, too. For example, I found Emma Abrahamson's peachtree prep videos motivational although even unconditioned emma is much faster than i'll ever be.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This is an old post lol
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    This is an old post lol

Lol you wrote makes your post seem a bit rude, or perhaps that is just how it comes off when I read it in my head; if you clicked back a page you would have seen the OP posted on update.

Congrats to the OP on pushing through and finding balance on pushing hard in a workout and too much that you hate it.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is an old post lol

Yes but it's an old post that the @OP updated today, so it's a recent post again :wink:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    OP, so glad you checked back! Sounds like things are going better.

I sort of hate exercise sometimes, off and on. Some things which have helped me: I figured out I like running, for its own sake, so now I do that. I like hitting PRs at weightlifting, so I do that.

On days when there are no PRs forthcoming and running seems impossible, I motivate myself by pretending I'm not going to do it, meanwhile putting on my workout clothes and eating my pre-workout snack and heading out the door. Oops, suddenly I'm doing it! And all the time I was telling myself, "Don't stress about it, skip it, you can do it tomorrow."

On days when I really really really hate it so much I can't trick myself into it, I do micro workouts. I do ten minutes bodyweight strength every morning, and fifteen minutes hard cycling on the stationary bike, even when I do nothing else. I figure I could manage fifteen minutes of being set on fire, cycling should be no biggie. The bike is boring and awful and doing it motivates me to get my rear out the door and run instead, so there's that.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    This is an old post lol

Yes but it's an old post that the @OP updated today, so it's a recent post again :wink:

Lol I missed that it was the OP that bumped it.
  • mistyrbell8248
    mistyrbell8248 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try hiit. Its very brief periods- like 30 seconds- of high intensity exercise, then a short period of rest, I hated exercise to, but 30 seconds isn't a huge commitment, worked for me.