No discipline to lose weight

I keep on starting and stopping. I can't find the motivation to eat right, exercise and just lead a fit lifestyle.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    What is your motivation? Why do you want to start? When you find that, find something that will remind you of your "why" and place it where you either have to look at it daily or can access it easily when you start to quit. For me, it was a picture of my fat self and clothing that I wanted to be able to wear again.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Hi, I'm touched by your post and in same situation, I've had this difficulty for years and searched a lot. Still it stays a complex situation.

I read some books, best one I can recommend is Bob Greene "TheLife You Want" He has worked with Oprah Winfrey and I found their book wery insightful "Make The Connection"

Try to youtube Chris Powell, he has plenty of good words and thoughts, too

Best wishes for you, keep trying, DON'T give up if you really want it, you'll manage to find your way one day

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Ok.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    KaseyWolf wrote: »
    My best advice is not to look at the whole thing in one big bite. Try one thing you can do to be healthier or fitter. Whether it be doing some kind of activity, stop smoking, cut back on some kind of sugar heavy food, reading labels, measuring your food. ONE thing. Don't worry about everything else. Try one thing at a time. Then add to it when that one thing becomes a habit. Being fit doesn't have to be all or nothing. Anything you do is better than nothing at all.
    Perfect comment

• mummabee03
    mummabee03 Posts: 9 Member
    Join anything & everything to keep you motivated. Add friends on here. Start a Instagram fitness page, add friends & motivating pages there. I have found it so helpful to surround myself with like minded people - even if they are digital
  • RenieGoodaz
    RenieGoodaz Posts: 7 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Have you tried a detox cleanse? :o

I am actually doing that now
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
  • RenieGoodaz
    RenieGoodaz Posts: 7 Member
    My detox is something I do some Saturdays. Not a big deal it is Natural Aloe and just green juice for the day. Something very simple. Thanks for the advice guys.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I keep on starting and stopping. I can't find the motivation to eat right, exercise and just lead a fit lifestyle.

One problem is that these are vague goals. What does eating right mean specifically? What is a fit lifestyle?
    Set very specific goals instead like:
    just eating a particular number of calories and grams of protein or getting 5 servings of vegetables and fruits a day.
    walking 30 minutes every day or increasing your daily steps by 1,000 each week

It is easier to head toward a clearly defined goal.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    edited October 2016
    I suggest getting a food scale and eat what you would like as long as you stay within your calorie budget. Eventually you will realize "healthy" food is more filling than cookies.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    My detox is something I do some Saturdays. Not a big deal it is Natural Aloe and just green juice for the day. Something very simple. Thanks for the advice guys.

Depriving yourself on needless detoxes every week could well be the reason you are failing to stick with it or achieve a true calorie deficit over the remainder of the week.

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,628 Member
    I was on here 3yrs ago & didn't last long, i guess the time wasn't right. I started this time by "accident" I sign up at the gym every summer to swim. I lost 3lbs the month i was swimming .My friend who i haven't seen in a long time lost 70lbs thru a similar program so she inspired me & I inspired her to come to the gym. Now we go to water aerobics twice a week together & work out in between, i always go for a swim after. It's fun for me to figure out new ways to eat familiar foods & to discover & try new ones, and i'm down a whole clothes size!