I know I need to but ....

Options
2»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure associating binging with a "need" to exercise is a particuarlly healthy mindset you want to put yourself in. Exercise should be for fitness, not to erase "mistakes". If you turn exercise into punishment and food into the enemy you are going to have a really rough time with this. Eat to fuel your body, eat enough that you feel full or satiated. Exercise to improve your fitness and be able to do things physically that you previously could not do. Do not view excessively large calorie deficits as success and exercise as something you need to do to make up for binging (which is probably the result of you being to restrictive in the first place).

Moderation of what you normally eat to establish a slight deficit and set yourself some fitness goals like being able to jog a 5k or whatever seems just out of reach right now but attainable. Once you attain it, move the goalpost.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    pinkste78 wrote: »
    thanks guys ..... I'm going to try and log Everything I eat. It was just embarrassing the amount of food I had last night, that's why I didn't log it XD my logs are automatically posted on facebook. I'm just hoping I don't get into a binge/exercise cycle ,and then give up again. Going to workout for 45 mins on the elliptical today. Thanks again, just needed a little motivation is all.

Honesty with yourself is way more important than telling your friends what you ate. If you need to make your diary private so you can be honest with yourself and not face external judgment, do so! Stop sharing that information with others...it's a tool for you, not fit anyone else's benefit!

I agree with this. If having your diary public means youre cheating yourself and not logging everything you eat, then i would make it private. Why would you want Facebook people to see it anyway, there's a lot of judgy Mcjudgersons over there :tongue: