Has seeing your weight loss results make you become more arrogant? Or confident?

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I felt strong and stable before I started losing weight. I could make decisions and remember things well, it seemed my brain was faster. Almost right at the beginning of my weight loss with CICO I felt more insecurity and less strong, more quite and withdrawn. I go out less and interact less. I'm very happy with my appearance, so its not a matter of lack of confidence in that, I don't know what it is really. I feel something lacking inside myself that I had before.
  • beachbumm1965
    beachbumm1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have never really been arrogant, but I have always been outgoing, but now I am a little more confident in my appearance. I still have a long journey ahead of me, but I refuse to give up the battle. I have worked to hard for where I am, to just give up. So, yes, I am a little more confident and have more sell esteem. I constantly remind myself, it is mind over matter...I don't mind, and it doesn't matter. I will defeat my enemy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Has loosing weight changed your personality?

I wouldn't think that losing weight has change my personality. It wasn't so long ago I was this weight ... my weight gain was just a temporary blip.
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am definitely more confident. I will always be a wallflower, but I used to figure there was no point in doing anything to look nice because I was gross. I'm not exactly in love with myself, but I don't feel as gross anymore. I dyed my hair a neat color, I've bought clothes that are more fitted.

I wouldn't say I'm more arrogant - but I catch myself sometimes thinking crappy thoughts about people that whine about their weight without changing it, which is hypocritical because I was there for a few years myself.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Has loosing weight changed your personality?

I wouldn't think that losing weight has change my personality. It wasn't so long ago I was this weight ... my weight gain was just a temporary blip.

That's the same for me. My self image is one of a thinner person. I'm hoping the weight will stay off. At least I have the tools to keep it off, so I'm hopeful that I won't creep on the fringes of overweight BMI ever again
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I felt like that too @DebSozo. I always felt like a thin person in my head, even when there was a point that must have been delusional. When I saw myself in the mirror (or basically I had started avoiding mirrors), or in pictures, it didn't feel like me at all. I held back so much. I just wanted to be invisible. Once I dropped the weight, I started feeling like the me I always was.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    leaninsc wrote: »
    I felt like that too @DebSozo. I always felt like a thin person in my head, even when there was a point that must have been delusional. When I saw myself in the mirror (or basically I had started avoiding mirrors), or in pictures, it didn't feel like me at all. I held back so much. I just wanted to be invisible. Once I dropped the weight, I started feeling like the me I always was.

Totally understand that
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight, I knew I was wearing clothes designed to blend in, cuz I didnt want to stand out and be noticed. Drab colours, little makeup, just my wedding ring - very plain. I wanted to be forgettable, rather than be remembered for being the heavy set one.

Now I am wearing brighter colours and trendier (but still conservative - I am old, after all) outfits, cuz I dont mind being looked at - I feel less of an outlier now.

Also I think I am a bit more adventurous, and I dont worry that my weight will embarrass me, like I wont fit into a seat, or I will be over the weight restriction for an activity, so I think I am a little more outgoing.

But I am far far pickier about what I eat than I was. Unless I am really into it, I will pass up food that I normally would have consumed if for nothing else out of boredom or politeness. I say no a lot more to stuff like that, so I guess I am a bit more assertive.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Funny you post this. I have not changed except I am more mindful of what I consume. I recently was told someone I once considered a close friend was telling people I have become "too good for everyone" because I lost weight. I'm an ambivert and there is no way I have ever felt "too good" for any one. I'm proud of my accomplishments and I don't shove it down anyone's throat. If someone asks how I did it I'm more than happy to share and would be more than happy to help someone achieve their goals.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Simply proud of my strength & appearance and confident of my ability to maintain & enhance it.

Arrogance has nothing to do w/it; that's not how I roll. I celebrate and congratulate each person's ability to achieve their personal goals w/o regard to my own, which is as it should be.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    No...I never even really realized that I had gotten fat...it happened very slowly. I was always lean and fit so even when I was fat, that's basically how I saw myself physically and my personality is what it is...
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm more arrogant when it comes to how to lose weight.
    MY method is the best, and anyone not doing it MY way is just lab rats.

YUP.

But im also more supportive to people trying to change their lives for the better.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    I have zero patience for fatlogic now.

^^ SAME.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am definitely more confident. Wear clothes I never would have before, talk about lifting, etc. Some people may think it's arrogant but it's a hobby that I enjoy and want to share with others. You're never going to please everyone.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    wow, MFP's forum update has created epic double/triple/quad triple posts all over the forum lol
  • crzycatlady1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    dp
  • crzycatlady1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    dp
  • crzycatlady1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm much more comfortable in my own skin now but my personality hasn't really changed. It's actually been other people who's attitudes have changed towards me. Mostly positive but a few negative ones as well. One acquaintance in particular seems to hold a grudge-she's a bb coach and even though she aggressively pushes their products she still struggles with her weight. I've been maintaining my weight loss for several years now, without the help of any expensive woo, and I think it irritates her :p
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    At my highest weight, I knew I was wearing clothes designed to blend in, cuz I didnt want to stand out and be noticed. Drab colours, little makeup, just my wedding ring - very plain. I wanted to be forgettable, rather than be remembered for being the heavy set one.

Now I am wearing brighter colours and trendier (but still conservative - I am old, after all) outfits, cuz I dont mind being looked at - I feel less of an outlier now.

Also I think I am a bit more adventurous, and I dont worry that my weight will embarrass me, like I wont fit into a seat, or I will be over the weight restriction for an activity, so I think I am a little more outgoing.

But I am far far pickier about what I eat than I was. Unless I am really into it, I will pass up food that I normally would have consumed if for nothing else out of boredom or politeness. I say no a lot more to stuff like that, so I guess I am a bit more assertive.

Totally get this!
  • Fiftyls2looz
    Fiftyls2looz Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Urm..i think i feel more confident. .and i dont judge myself as much now. Hoever now that im thinner, people and especislly men look at me which makes me uncomfortable. I kinda liked being invisible because of my big size. Now i dont like people looking at me ughh

Im still not at my goal weight though and after having 3 kids my breasts and stomach is soo flabby and sagging and im only 24.

im nearly 11 stone but want to be 9.5 again...