MFP Stop predicting my weight

Options
Redhededkewty
Redhededkewty Posts: 33 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I started dieting in June. I set a 1,200 daily calorie limit and am usually well under that. Every day I close my diary, and it tells me what I should weigh in 5 weeks - but I don't. I have lost 26 pounds, but according to MFP I should be 10 lbs lighter. This nonsense has been VERY VERY VERY DEPRESSING AND I NEED IT TO STOP.

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Like @ seska422 says, it won't tell you your estimated weight in 5 weeks if you don't complete your day. All of your information will be retained and it won't cause you any stress by having that number shown to you.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either but I have learned to tune it out.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I dismiss it as a total gimmick. I click it sometimes out of novelty but set no actual store in it whatsoever.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    With all the good features this app has, the weight prediction is the last thing I pay attention to. It's irrelevant to my goals.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's been lying to me for ages. I'm supposed to weigh 5 pounds less than I do right now...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine has ever told me I would lose weight.. Only gain! Haha I use it as extra motivation - in your face MFP I sure showed you! :D But if you don't like it, ya don't complete your diary
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    There are aspects of MFP that bother me too. You are best not to push the button for "completing your day"..then you will never have to see it again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So stop pushing the button that makes it predict your weight. There's absolutely no reason to push it unless you want the prediction so just don't push it. Simple. And if you're not following MFP as intended and not logging accurately it won't be right. Not a flaw in the system really.

Actually, it won't be accurate unless every day has exactly the same amount of calories in, and the same out. It's a completely useless tool. And utterly unhelpful. MFP should have done away with it in one of their many updates to mess with other features.

That too. I have heard many people say it is accurate. I never tried eating the same thing every day for 5 weeks so I never really get too invested in it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    So stop pushing the button that makes it predict your weight. There's absolutely no reason to push it unless you want the prediction so just don't push it. Simple. And if you're not following MFP as intended and not logging accurately it won't be right. Not a flaw in the system really.

Actually, it won't be accurate unless every day has exactly the same amount of calories in, and the same out. It's a completely useless tool. And utterly unhelpful. MFP should have done away with it in one of their many updates to mess with other features.

That too. I have heard many people say it is accurate. I never tried eating the same thing every day for 5 weeks so I never really get too invested in it.

Same. It crossed my mind to try it as an experiment but it reeks of effort.

And serious boredom. I would be going nuts if I had to eat the same thing every single day for 5 weeks.

OP, as others have said, just don't complete the day. I find that the prediction is off, but it underestimates.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Same. It crossed my mind to try it as an experiment but it reeks of effort.

And serious boredom. I would be going nuts if I had to eat the same thing every single day for 5 weeks.

OP, as others have said, just don't complete the day. I find that the prediction is off, but it underestimates.

Believe me, it IS boring eating the same things ay in and day out. I prepare my weekly meals on Sunday and spread the food out over the week because I don't really like to cook that much.

I use a different food diary now, but I recall being amused every time I hit that button at the end of the day.....

OP, congrats on your 26 pound loss. I suggest you pay no attention to that silly part of the MFP food app program. Focus on what you can change and not that which is beyond your control. :)