1200-1300 cals a day, looking for friends, inspiration, and recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    In the same position. 1200 a day for me. 10 more pounds to go. Feel free to add me.
  • JudyAnn1982
    JudyAnn1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I was very active yesterday and did fine until the evening. Probably going to struggle with tonight also. I lost about 150 lbs with WW points plus and then I switched to My Fitness Pal and I am afraid of gaining it all back and some more. Judy
  • JudyAnn1982
    JudyAnn1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is anyone eating the calories assigned for exercise?
  • lynalyei
    lynalyei Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I was very active yesterday and did fine until the evening. Probably going to struggle with tonight also. I lost about 150 lbs with WW points plus and then I switched to My Fitness Pal and I am afraid of gaining it all back and some more. Judy

i struggled over the weekend but getting back on track.i heard maintainance is also work.keep it up cos i dont think you will go back and gain all that weight.i will be looking out for you to cheer you on!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would love to be around 1300-1350 again everyday and see where it gets me. Right now I average about 1600-1700 a day and I KNOW that's not doing me any favors. Feel free to add me if you would like and we can work on this together because I need some motivation! I lost about 12 pounds keeping my calories between 1300-1400 a few years ago. :)
  • Jenessab23
    Jenessab23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I'm shooting for 1300 cals per day with exercise. I want to make sure I can sustain this, just waiting for the consistent mindset to kick in and then I'm sure it will be easier! Looking to lose 35 pounds and I know the best way for me to get there, no matter how slow, is to track everything. Happy to share support and motivation!
  • Crystal_Can
    Crystal_Can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 too. In addition to that I'm aiming for a 40/30/30 macro. (40% carb 30% protein 30%fat). I think it's helping. Haven't had too many bad cheat days or severe hunger. Been at it for 6-7 weeks and lost about 15 lbs thus far. I'm obese currently at 219 lbs 5'3" and ultimately looking to get under 145 maybe. The lowest I ever got to was 160. I exercise about 3/week. diary is open. Feel free to add me anyone. :-)
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log in daily and keep up my diary. 1200-1400 calories. I have some recipes and cook ahead at times when I can. So sometimes my diary can get boring as I eat what I have cooked for a few days, but it works for me. No need to eat plain, bland food. I spice up what I can.
    Open diary.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and eat back quite a few exercise calories. I drink a lot of water to hold through meals. Some days are tough, but I see it as a mental challenge.
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Usually the only way I can stay within the 1200-1300 range today is to workout, which gives me an additional 300 or so calories. So I can eat 1500-1600 calories a day and knock my net calories back down to 1200-1300ish. The only way I was able to eat 1200 calories a day before was to use meal replacement shakes but I discovered I'm highly allergic to them, at least the ones I tried. They were the only thing that kept me full plus I knew exactly how many calories I was consuming. I used them for breakfast, and then just had a light lunch, and watched the portions at dinner time. I also worked out but not as hard as I have to now just to maintain.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I also stick to 1200 per day. I've been very lazy about filling in my diary, but I'll start filling it out completely today. I do IF, intermittent fasting, 16:8. So I don't start eating until 2 pm, and I have to stop at 10 pm. It actually controls my hunger better than me having a breakfast.
    Anyone can add me!
  • jawillia
    jawillia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was at 1400, but recently updated my start weight (because i had gained about 30 lbs since starting my account) and the weight loss reset my calorie goal to 1250. Just discovering myself how to fit in this new range when I can't excercise. I've lost 35 lbs so far since March and I'm a constant user of MFP.
  • japanghoul
    japanghoul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've just joined and my goal is 1200-1300. Feel free to add me!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1200. I am also eating grain and dairy free (both cause problems with my skin and digestion). I am also avoiding refined sugar as it also makes my skin break out.

Feel free to add me. I am aiming for basic proteins, plant based carbs.

In between meals I make smoothies. Some green. Some more juice like. Others I make on almond milk or coconut water. They are quite tasty, full of nutrients and filling snacks. I have a lot of smoothie recipes.

• chdspdmom
    chdspdmom Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have just started on this app, but i have been trying to stay on 1200 - 1300 cal per day for some time now. Same as most I burn some cal with exercise and gain extra to eat as being hungry will just get me to eat more and no brainer there. I got juicer as I found consistence of a smoothly not so repelling to my fussy taste buds :blush: juice I love. So basicly I juice, exercise and try to eat smaller (much) portions. Whenever the 'I need food' and 'gosh Im so bored' kicks in I drink water and find something to do. You guys, my house will be sparkling and shimmering soon :smiley:
  • knmorris85
    knmorris85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too! I lost some weight at 1300 but lately I have been making more loose estimates instead of weighing and have gained a bit (despite being at a calorie "deficit" apparently). Today I start weighing again and staying under 1300.. I don't count/eat back my exercise calories though. Anyone feel free to add me! I have no MFP friends :P
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm not as tight with the 12-1300 . I am a little wider at the 12-1500/day. Mentally I know that 1200 is my limit - but if there are days where I am truly truly HUNGRY (not snacky) - but HUNGRY - it's ok to make sure I feel full. Recently I've started experimenting with a lot of crock pot recipes too. If dinner is ready when I walk in the door with minimal "prep" to get get it to the table - I won't snack as much and it helps keep me in check. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm sure we can swap some awesome low cal options!
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey. Ive finally discovered what works for me and im so happy im finally losing. 1200-1300 cals. Im sure ill plateau again sometime. But in the meantime. My typical days have been...
    B. Egg muffins - with a lil bacon parmesan and spinach. OR natural PB on thick grain toast
    S. Date cashew and coconut bliss balls
    L. Toasted chicken wrap
    S. Date balls
    D. Chicken or salmon veg and rice with soy sauce or thai curry sauce
    all homemade a pre prepared on a sunday. (Except the wraps. But the chicken is)
    Soooo much easier. Im not hungry. Im not craving. (Im a chocoholic) and i have 1 naughty night a week.
    I dont do a lot of exercise atm. I was into the weights but ive had 2 colds within 3 weeks and lost energy. Now ill be walking daily.
  • Wife2MrPerfect
    Wife2MrPerfect Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I stay around that range plus daily exercise. You can feel free to friend me if your still looking.