TRACKER WITH HRM

Options
Fitbit Charge HR2 or Fitbit Charge HR, which is better.

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is no longer selling the Charge HR. I think the HR2 is the replacement model. It looks clunkier (and I've got small wrists) but it does more stuff (but not stuff that I think I need or want).

The HR2 is probably too new to get many reviews, yet. You can still get the Charge HR on Amazon.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    katlovers2 wrote: »

What do you want to gain from it? "Better" is very subjective and personally I wouldn't use a FitBit for anything that actually needed HR data.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    katlovers2 wrote: »

Why are you wanting a wrist mounted hr monitor?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Also, what's the square root of two, and how many emperors called themselves Caesar? Just kidding. @CincyNeid and @MeanderingMammal are asking because they want to give you a good recommendation and the best device for you depends on your needs, on what you'll do with it.

That said, I wasn't very impressed with the HRM in Fitbit's Charge HR. My opinion is that heart rate data isn't terribly useful outside of specific exercises, and that there are better tools than Fitbit for those exercises. I'm talking about cycling and running mainly, but also swimming and rowing and other things that fall under the "cardio" umbrella.

Also, knowing your pulse rate doesn't tell you how many calories you're burning.