Trying to get to that 8% body fat goal

Options
So here's the deal I just started cutting my calories down to around 1800 and I'm I've lost about 17 lbs in 6 weeks and I'm starting to maintain my new body weight. So how do I get to that 8 % if my body isn't responding to the deficit anymore? Do I cut calories even more? I spent around 2 hours in the gym 5 to six days a week. Any help would be great

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    cigarettes can help curb your appetite
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Many questions:
    • What is the reason for the 8% body fat goal? (competition?)
    • What are your height and weight?
    • How much weight have you lost each week so far?
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sex, height, weight, and workout routine description, please.
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow that's so little information, it almost feels like baiting
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Type "lyle macdonald stubborn fat solution" into your favorite search website. Good luck with your goals!
  • skeeder2011
    skeeder2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a male , 5'10 , 195 lbs. I do a basic workout routine everyday. I'm trying to just get shredded. I like the size I am I just wanna cut down my body fat %.
  • skeeder2011
    Options
    I've lost about 2 lbs a week for about 6 weeks or so and then it went to 1 lbs and now I'm just maintaining the current weight
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Shorten you lifting sessions to between 1-1 1/2 hours. Start doing sprint intervals. Make sure your macros have you eating a gram of protein per pound of body weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 2 lbs a week for about 6 weeks or so and then it went to 1 lbs and now I'm just maintaining the current weight

When is the last time you got on the scale and were a lower weight than the previous scale visit?

What I'm trying to get at is whether or not you are actually stalling out. If you have not gone 3+ weeks without downward scale movement, you need to be patient. It is normal and to be expected that weight loss slows down after the first several weeks and that it is not linear. Some weeks you lose big. Some weeks you lose small. Some weeks you don't lose at all. And some weeks you might even see a bit of an uptick weight-wise.

Also, realize that staying at 8% year round is not comfortably sustainable for many/most guys.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    lung cancer causes weight loss amongst the other things. but a method that leads to death shouldn't be advised i'm afraid. didn't mean to shame you.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What is your current body fat percentage?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    cigarettes will kill you. most disgusting advice i've ever heard

we all have our own way of reaching our goals. please dont shame others' methods
    I've known people who used illegal drugs (cocaine, meth) to assist with weight loss. I wouldn't have a problem shaming those methods, nor with smoking either. And I used to be a smoker.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Rage_Phish
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    cigarettes will kill you. most disgusting advice i've ever heard

we all have our own way of reaching our goals. please dont shame others' methods
    I've known people who used illegal drugs (cocaine, meth) to assist with weight loss. I wouldn't have a problem shaming those methods, nor with smoking either. And I used to be a smoker.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

i was gonna mention cocaine as well as its an excellent stimulant and appetite suppressor, but i wasnt sure if the site allowed that
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    lung cancer causes weight loss amongst the other things. but a method that leads to death shouldn't be advised i'm afraid. didn't mean to shame you.

life leads to death
  • skeeder2011
    Options
    It's been about 2 weeks in the neutral zone and I'm around 15% body fat right now I was at 19%
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    cigarettes can help curb your appetite

Stupid advice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's been about 2 weeks in the neutral zone and I'm around 15% body fat right now I was at 19%

It's going to be really slow...you're at a healthy BF% as is...it's just going to be really friggin' slow.