New to running

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I stopped running decades ago when I got out of the military and no one could force me to run anymore.

I do very much enjoy walking outside - hills and all.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    @JennieMaeK ohhh that sounds cool. I'll have to look that up!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you really want to run, keep at it, as others have said slow down and don't do too much too soon as you can burn out pretty quickly.

When I first started running I could barely run a mile and I hated it, I almost stopped because I thought why should I put myself through this torture but being the stubborn person that I am refused to quit. Now I've ran half marathons and full marathons. If someone had told me when I started I would one day run a marathon or that I would end up loving running I wouldn't have believed them.

Don't give up, you can do it. I do recommend following a program as sometimes a training schedule helps especially if you are very new, it helps you pace yourself. Going out and just running as far as you can sometimes make you do more than you should.

Good Luck!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I agree with @CaptApollo ditch the app and just go at your own pace! I use MapMyFitness for all of my activities and it syncs with MFP.