Craving a slice of PIZZA right about now :(

Options
PALMINADALESSANDRO
PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Maybe talk me out of picking up that phone and ordering a medium pizza deal loaded with hot peppers , pineapple and pepperoni....it's Friday night, 11:45 pm and they close at 3 am . I'm trying not to think of it and just drinking my bottled waters .....

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    pineapple?

I've been thinking about pizza myself lately, but I just want a slice or two. I can't have the leftover 3/4ths of a pizza taunting me for the next day or two, making me think bad thoughts and whatnot.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. You will thank me in the morning.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I try to plan pizza into my day in the near future. I know I couldn't stop at just 1 or 2 or 6 slices of pizza if I ordered it.
    Keep drinking water! It's rough, I hear you!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I like pizza. Send it to me instead. Lol. Keep drinking water and I agree with the teeth brushing idea.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    the problem with pizza is it doesn't cater to people on a diet. you have to buy a whole pizza to get any pizza and when your starving, one piece quickly turns into more and by the time food coma sets in you already ate the whole pizza and it looks like a crime scene with a empty pizza box and several empty soda cans or beer cans scattered all over the floor..

There are tons of options for individual sized pizzas. Sharing with others is also a good option. It's obviously late and most people are out of calories, so fitting it in on another day helps people learn habits they can keep up long after they are done losing weight.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Our local 7-11 sells pizza by the individual slice, so does another pizza shop. Granted they are large slices, but if you have to go out and buy one and take it home then you're less likely to go back for another one or eat an entire pizza for yourself? Maybe?

But yeah, hopefully you were able to resist the urge tonight and can fit in a reasonable amount on another day to satisfy your craving. :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    the problem with pizza is it doesn't cater to people on a diet. you have to buy a whole pizza to get any pizza and when your starving, one piece quickly turns into more and by the time food coma sets in you already ate the whole pizza and it looks like a crime scene with a empty pizza box and several empty soda cans or beer cans scattered all over the floor..

Maybe with the “mainstream” pizza places, but I have a numbers of pizza places near me that sell by the slice.

OP, find out if you have a “by the slice” pizza place nearby and plan a slice or two into a day sometime soon. Nothing wrong with giving into cravings if you do a little advanced planning and make the calories work.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I keep a few lean cuisine pizzas in my freezer for those nights. They actually taste really good!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I had 2 slices of medium pepperoni pizza today. I'm not proud of it. But it was pretty yummy...

Still working on healthy eating when I get slammed with work deadlines. Ordinarily I wouldn't have it, but the husband got it for himself last night and today I worked about 12 hours and didn't feel like cooking. I ate about half healthy and half crappy today and ate at maintenance instead of at my correct deficit calories.

It's not the end of the world, but I've been trying to break through a plateau and I'm pretty sure pizza and going over my calories isn't going to help!

Oh well.
  • PALMINADALESSANDRO
    PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mgookin wrote: »
    I keep a few lean cuisine pizzas in my freezer for those nights. They actually taste really good!

GREAT IDEA! I'll have to look for some next time shopping :)
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....what I should have said was "my problem with pizza" and by "pizza" I mean good pizza, not frozen pizza or cheap pizza.
  • DebSozo
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I had 2 slices of medium pepperoni pizza today. I'm not proud of it. But it was pretty yummy...

Still working on healthy eating when I get slammed with work deadlines. Ordinarily I wouldn't have it, but the husband got it for himself last night and today I worked about 12 hours and didn't feel like cooking. I ate about half healthy and half crappy today and ate at maintenance instead of at my correct deficit calories.

It's not the end of the world, but I've been trying to break through a plateau and I'm pretty sure pizza and going over my calories isn't going to help!

Oh well.

You might want to keep low calorie ready to eat food in the freezer. Tyson makes cubed, roasted chicken for instance, so if I'm in a hurry I just put it in the microwave. I'll buy prepared salad bags and put the chicken on it. There aren't many calories, and the meal is satiating with the protein.

Eating up to daily maintenance calories is okay if you are okay with it. Then you don't really gain any weight and merely keep on your plateau.

You will have to tighten up when you want to actually start losing weight. BTW did you weigh the slices? Estimating calories can be the reason for your plateau. Some places load up on the cheese and pepperoni, but some do not. On the bright side, eating two pieces was better than eating the whole thing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Find a place that sells pizza by the slice and make room for a slice tomorrow!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had big pizza craving last night. Instead I grilled portobello mushrooms, put pizza sauce in them, then toppings I wanted (olives and salami), covered with cheese and baked. It's absolutely delicious and each mushroom cup had only 100 calories. Delicious!!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I had big pizza craving last night. Instead I grilled portobello mushrooms, put pizza sauce in them, then toppings I wanted (olives and salami), covered with cheese and baked. It's absolutely delicious and each mushroom cup had only 100 calories. Delicious!!!

Nice! Love this idea!