Craving a slice of PIZZA right about now :(

Options
2»

Replies

• wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except to say that I *love* pineapple and pepperoni pizza... never thought of adding hot peppers, great idea!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    BigPeeners wrote: »
    Stop with your eating disorder and eat it. Calories are not a thing, they are a concept only with no actual existence

Right. And weight gain is imaginary also with no actual existence. I wish.
    :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    BigPeeners wrote: »
    Stop with your eating disorder and eat it. Calories are not a thing, they are a concept only with no actual existence

Cool story. Now stop with your trolling and find a more productive hobby. You aren't going to get this thread closed like you did others.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    the problem with pizza is it doesn't cater to people on a diet. you have to buy a whole pizza to get any pizza and when your starving, one piece quickly turns into more and by the time food coma sets in you already ate the whole pizza and it looks like a crime scene with a empty pizza box and several empty soda cans or beer cans scattered all over the floor..

There are tons of options for individual sized pizzas. Sharing with others is also a good option. It's obviously late and most people are out of calories, so fitting it in on another day helps people learn habits they can keep up long after they are done losing weight.

Haha Right! I agree lol. I did submit and order the pizza. I ate 2 small slices and when I clocked out of my food / exercise journal earlier it was under my calorie goal. I feel full satisfied now. The rest ( pizza and pop) my son will be for sure eating them tomorrow :wink:

Congrats on getting your pizza and still staying under goal!! So how did you manage it? What thoughts were going through your head?

For me personally, pizza's not that tough. I have probably really overdone it on pizza only once or twice in my life. There's no bad habit waiting to jump to the forefront (unlike pastries). I pair it with a big salad and it's just a normal day.

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    the problem with pizza is it doesn't cater to people on a diet. you have to buy a whole pizza to get any pizza and when your starving, one piece quickly turns into more and by the time food coma sets in you already ate the whole pizza and it looks like a crime scene with a empty pizza box and several empty soda cans or beer cans scattered all over the floor..

There are tons of options for individual sized pizzas. Sharing with others is also a good option. It's obviously late and most people are out of calories, so fitting it in on another day helps people learn habits they can keep up long after they are done losing weight.

Haha Right! I agree lol. I did submit and order the pizza. I ate 2 small slices and when I clocked out of my food / exercise journal earlier it was under my calorie goal. I feel full satisfied now. The rest ( pizza and pop) my son will be for sure eating them tomorrow :wink:

Terrific! You ate within your goal and didn't lapse or relapse.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

but I have a numbers of pizza places near me that sell by the slice.

Sometimes I miss civilization if only for the food. :)
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Well, then maybe the reason you wanted pizza was because you were hungry. If you had not ordered it, how many calories would you have been at?

There is nothing wrong with eating pizza if you can fit it in your calories.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I try to make pizza once every week or two. When I make it at home I can make it a little healthier than the grease pits you order for take out. I make the crust on the thin side with lots of cheese and meat (usually extra lean ground beef). 2 slices and a side baby spinach salad fits my calories/macros quite nicely.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Get some sleep and plan for pizza tomorrow (if you're still craving it).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Pizza sounds pretty dynamite about now. Who cares that it's 8:30 AM here?
    Take 2 slices out of the box, then freeze the rest. Seems to work pretty well for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

So, you had the calories for pizza... there isn't a problem then.
    I pair a slice or 2 with salad.
    Thin crust is a way to cut calories or make your own pizza and control the ingredients.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you ordered that pizza, ate a correct amount and left the rest for your son.

I find that when you have a craving, and you don't deal with it, like eat a small part of it, you will eat everything else in the room, and then go back and eat the thing you were /craving/avoiding. LOL. So, part of our path is learn how to eat in moderation. You did that. If you are okay with delaying loss of pounds, then have that craving. When you get on that scale, know why it's not moving, or rather not moving in the right direction. These days, when I fall off the calorie deficit wagon, I own it, and get back up. There's a lesson in that practice. Many of us will lose a lot of weight, life event happen, etc. then we eat badly and don't know how to stop. Been there, done that.

So you quieted the craving, still came back here, reported it, and moved on. Excellent!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have pizza almost every week. Last night was Chicken Mariachi. I don't see myself never eating pizza again, so I've found ways to work it into my goals (smaller sizes, thin crust, etc.)