When will weight really come off?

Options
napilibay
napilibay Posts: 121 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm on week 9 of my weight loss journey and very frustrated. I started at 170 and 2 weeks ago I was 163.9, and was walking for exercise. Today I weighed almost 167. I started 21 day fix videos, so is it the strength training? I've been diligent, eating real food and about 1300 calories. I just want this weight to drop and seems like everyone else around me can lose so easily. I will say I've lost inches, but just want to lose pounds too.

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Just because you've been eating "real food" (whatever real food means) doesn't mean that is automatically low calorie. You still have to weigh and log everything you eat. You've dropped 8lb (according to your ticker on your profile) so that's good progress. You're not going to lose a huge amount quickly and you shouldn't be aiming for that.
  • LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I know that it can be frustrating when you're not losing as much weight as you want to but try not to get disheartened. Weight loss is gradual and it's not linear. Remember that it's a lifestyle & not a race of any sorts. Those who run too fast often fall.

Anyway, try to look into your diet and exercise regime to see whats stalling you're weight loss. To be perfectly honest, on 1300 calories & at you're current weight, the fat should be flying off. You should at least be losing 2lbs a week, so what I recommend is reviewing your intake. Are you really eating 1300 calories? Do you track your calories religiously? Do you weigh out all your food? Is there too much sodium in your diet? Are you drinking at least 2L's of water a day? & are you exercising?

Thoroughly think through your answers to these questions, because there's no reason you shouldn't be losing at the very least 1.5lbs a week on this caloric intake. It's science. If you are doing everything mentioned above, I recommend seeking professional guidance.

Best of luck ❤️.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    napilibay wrote: »
    I've been diligent, eating real food and about 1300 calories.

What is "about 1300 calories?"

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, "Real Food" is a carb supplement from 5% Nutrition marketed by the greatest natural bodybuilder of all time, Rich Piana.
  • napilibay
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've been diligent, eating real food and about 1300 calories.

What is "about 1300 calories?"

Meaning I usually fluctuate between 1200-1300
  • napilibay
    Options
    Hi,
    I know that it can be frustrating when you're not losing as much weight as you want to but try not to get disheartened. Weight loss is gradual and it's not linear. Remember that it's a lifestyle & not a race of any sorts. Those who run too fast often fall.

Anyway, try to look into your diet and exercise regime to see whats stalling you're weight loss. To be perfectly honest, on 1300 calories & at you're current weight, the fat should be flying off. You should at least be losing 2lbs a week, so what I recommend is reviewing your intake. Are you really eating 1300 calories? Do you track your calories religiously? Do you weigh out all your food? Is there too much sodium in your diet? Are you drinking at least 2L's of water a day? & are you exercising?

Thoroughly think through your answers to these questions, because there's no reason you shouldn't be losing at the very least 1.5lbs a week on this caloric intake. It's science. If you are doing everything mentioned above, I recommend seeking professional guidance.

Best of luck ❤️.

Yes doing all those things. I am having issues with constipation, wondering if that could be it? I eat all the right foods to combat it though.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    are you male or female?

I ask because if you are a women sometimes where we are at in our cycle can very much effect water weight on the scale. I have noticed the same week every month I am up about 5lbs. It goes away week later so I tend to avoid the scale that week but if it was only month 1 that would bother me a lot.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Best of luck ❤️.

Yes doing all those things. I am having issues with constipation, wondering if that could be it? I eat all the right foods to combat it though.

Usually constipation is a lack of dietary fat. Eat more fat.
  • napilibay
    Options
    Hi,

Best of luck ❤️.

MFP gives me 50g daily fat. I typically eat 35-50
  • napilibay
    Options
    are you male or female?

I ask because if you are a women sometimes where we are at in our cycle can very much effect water weight on the scale. I have noticed the same week every month I am up about 5lbs. It goes away week later so I tend to avoid the scale that week but if it was only month 1 that would bother me a lot.

Female. Yes that affects me once/month but I just keep losing the same 2#.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sounds like normal fluctuations to me... as long as the overall trend for the last 9 weeks is downwards, you're good.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Best of luck ❤️.

MFP gives me 50g daily fat. I typically eat 35-50

MFP isn't your body. Eat more if you are having issues.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, and how many pounds a week do you have MFP set to?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • napilibay
    Options

I'm 5'5, it's set to 1lb per week which gives me 1280 calories at 165#. I do 3 days cardio and usually burn 300 calories those days, and two days of strength training and burn 200 calories those days. I never eat those calories back.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I'm 5'5, it's set to 1lb per week which gives me 1280 calories at 165#. I do 3 days cardio and usually burn 300 calories those days, and two days of strength training and burn 200 calories those days. I never eat those calories back.

you're eating gross 1280 cals and not losing weight? that doesn't sound right.

do you weigh everything with scales?
  • napilibay
    Options

you're eating gross 1280 cals and not losing weight? that doesn't sound right.

do you weigh everything with scales?

I know that's why I'm frustrated. Yes I use scales measuring cups, yo name it. I typically lose the week after my cycle ends, then the weight slowly creeps up the rest of the month, until I lose the same 2# again. Plus the ongoing constipation isn't helping.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You have a BMR at your current weight at approx 1445? And not eating back your exercise calories + the 1300 calorie allowance, you are not meeting your net calorie goal each day.. In short you are eating too little.

But if you can open your diary, this will help us tell a lot more about what is going on..
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Best of luck ❤️.

Really? I thought more fiber helped constipation- veggies, fruit, etc- and water. Haven't heard that fat does?