• finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    100 is the new 80
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Why is 40 called the, "New Twenty"?
    It's rationalization. Pay no attention to what people call it. If you're 40 you're 40. I'm over 60 and people tell me it's the new 50... or 40... or something. We all get older. I deal with it instead of telling myself I'm the new something.

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I still get carded at 36. It would be awesome if this still happens in 4 years.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Current average life expectancy for American women is 81.1 years.

Current average life expectancy for American men is 76.4 years.

The collective midpoint for women is 40 years and six months old.

The collective midpoint for men is 38 years and 5 months old.

Men and women older than the collective midpoint, are, on average, past their middle age and have lived more than half their lives already.

And that's pretty much it. The rest of the perky declarations concerning age - including 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40 and 70 is still young - are exercises in whistling in the dark.

Q- Do you know why husbands die before their wives?

A - We want to.

Maybe a husband who has made a poor choice for a spouse does...
    The only reason I put up with my munchkin is that she is hot beyond compare. That is enough for me. I think I will die sooner.

prove it
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Being comfortable with yourself is great, but more often I see it from grown women acting like kids.

...and the problem with that is?

• MsRuffBuffNStuff
    Options
    I adore grown women acting like kids. Secret admirer. But they have to be cute. That's a critical requirement.

Remember the white girl wasted photo? Pretty much that.

That's way more fun than not even 30 and already bitter
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Current average life expectancy for American women is 81.1 years.

Current average life expectancy for American men is 76.4 years.

The collective midpoint for women is 40 years and six months old.

The collective midpoint for men is 38 years and 5 months old.

Men and women older than the collective midpoint, are, on average, past their middle age and have lived more than half their lives already.

And that's pretty much it. The rest of the perky declarations concerning age - including 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40 and 70 is still young - are exercises in whistling in the dark.

Q- Do you know why husbands die before their wives?

A - We want to.

Maybe a husband who has made a poor choice for a spouse does...
    The only reason I put up with my munchkin is that she is hot beyond compare. That is enough for me. I think I will die sooner.

prove it
    I'll make sure someone sends you my obituary.

there's gonna be a picture of your wife?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable with yourself is great, but more often I see it from grown women acting like kids.

So I do stuff - gymnastics, trapeze, play at the playground, organize pick up games of duck, duck goose, slide down the slide, play on the monkey bars, do splits in the air on the trampoline, do back flips into the pool.

The other moms sit and play on their cell phones and gossip with each other.

Is this what you mean?
    Do the other moms look cute. If yes, they can do whatever they want!

@Cutaway_Collar Do you ever say anything of any actual value? You constantly brag about your life and what you have and what you do and who you live with....but here you are, saying *this*... and different variations of *this*.

jn7jbr5e5za7.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

So I do stuff - gymnastics, trapeze, play at the playground, organize pick up games of duck, duck goose, slide down the slide, play on the monkey bars, do splits in the air on the trampoline, do back flips into the pool.

Is this what you mean?

@Cutaway_Collar Do you ever say anything of any actual value? You constantly brag about your life and what you have and what you do and who you live with....but here you are, saying *this*... and different variations of *this*.

Hahahaha.... actual value?

Wait.

That's a rhetorical question, right?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I still get carded at 36. It would be awesome if this still happens in 4 years.

I still get carded at 48. Mostly when I have no makeup on and my hair is in a baseball cap.
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    Options

Is this what you mean?

Hahahaha.... actual value?

Wait.

That's a rhetorical question, right?

In most cases, yes, it's rhetorical. In some cases, the question has an actual meaning. In his case, I would just like him to stop talking altogether.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

Is this what you mean?

I hardly think any of us really ever add any value in the chit-chat forum. This isn't the place for that. And if you think you are adding value you're probably a tad on the narcissistic side.

dang, shame this post didn't land in the 'disorder' thread.

Stop that. She was just getting to the good part. Shhhh.... no talking during the show.