Guys shaving their legs.....

Options

Replies

• futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs because of the way they feel when I'm under the covers

lloyd-pleasure-pee-o.gif

I shave mine because otherwise my panty hose get snagged..
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs because of the way they feel when I'm under the covers

lloyd-pleasure-pee-o.gif

maybe you should try shaving your entire body and rolling around under some satin sheets? Report back to us.

Been there, done that. Same incredible feeling!

You should shave your legs and go to the beach. Trust me. It'll feel awesome.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    Just heard on the radio. According to the NY Post approximately 40% of men shave their legs now......um WTF? That number sounds really high. I can see if you are competing as a body builder or something similar..
    Maybe I am just old or old fashioned. It's not the normal for a heterosexual male in my little part of the world to shave their legs.

You mean when you told me that have gotten out of the shower to find you only shaved one leg you were just trying to make feel better??? Crushed.

hahahaha well yea you busted me.... I confess. That was a lie.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of cyclists shave their legs which I never understood why. Is that leg hair really slowing you down? I also don't understand guys that get pedicures.....

@Patriclblo13
    Specialized actually did some wind tunnel testing which confirmed a small aero advantage.
    But that difference depends on where you happen to be on the Chewbacca scale to start with.

I shaved down once for a very special event where I was riding with an elite cyclist just to do everything I possibly could to maximise every last fraction of performance. It was as much a mental thing to feel fully prepared.
    Never again! Shaving was bad enough but the weeks of stubble were worse.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    ITs from the NY post what do you freeken expect, only in NY. Ask the rest of the normal world, and that Statistic will drop to very low numbers...

I have shaven the whole thing for shows in the past, and the regrowth part sucks *kitten*
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of cyclists shave their legs which I never understood why. Is that leg hair really slowing you down?

Easier and less painful to clean after a crash.

I don't shave my legs, I just plan on not crashing.

But people take a lot of risks in races.

Also, tradition.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I know a lot of cyclists shave their legs which I never understood why. Is that leg hair really slowing you down? I also don't understand guys that get pedicures.....

@Patriclblo13
    Specialized actually did some wind tunnel testing which confirmed a small aero advantage.
    But that difference depends on where you happen to be on the Chewbacca scale to start with.

I shaved down once for a very special event where I was riding with an elite cyclist just to do everything I possibly could to maximise every last fraction of performance. It was as much a mental thing to feel fully prepared.

Considering how effective a skin suit is, I believe it.

ITT-Time-Savings.jpg

^ That's for a 40 km time trial, about 25 miles.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    Right, so when a dude shaves his legs, how does he know when to stop? I mean, if I stopped at my *kitten*, now I just have a weird hairy *kitten*.. might as well keep going.. now I have a hairy-border at my lower back.. thus the debauchery continues..
    9ReWeD1tzChri.gif

I almost lost a mouthful of lunch seeing this pop up. Too funny!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

@Patriclblo13

Considering how effective a skin suit is, I believe it.

ITT-Time-Savings.jpg

^ That's for a 40 km time trial, about 25 miles.

According the video the Specialized Wind Tunnel guys did, shaved legs equated to a time savings of between 50 and 82 seconds over a 40km TT, depending on how hairy the rider was. There is no shortage of cyclists that spend thousands of $$ for aero equipment to get time savings a lot smaller than that. Just looking at the above graphic, the rear disc wheel shows a 29 seconds savings. You can easily spend $2,000 on a rear disc, and much more besides depending on the brand. Shaving legs is free speed.

The other frequently-given reasoning for cyclists shaving their legs is it makes road rash from crashes easier to treat and much less prone to infection.

YouTube video made by the Specialized aerodynamics guys here, if anyone is interested.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs. They are ripped and look better shaven. Yep, I'm vain like that. Luckily I'm just genetically an unhairy person since I find body hair pretty gross.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Just heard on the radio. According to the NY Post approximately 40% of men shave their legs now......um WTF? That number sounds really high. I can see if you are competing as a body builder or something similar..
    Maybe I am just old or old fashioned. It's not the normal for a heterosexual male in my little part of the world to shave their legs.

What does shaving have to do with sexual orientation?

Like he said. ... his lil part of the world

When I was cycling and living on the west coast, shaving legs wasn't a big deal.

Had I lived elsewhere, it might have been an issue. Might not too... dunno.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I shave my legs. They are ripped and look better shaven. Yep, I'm vain like that. Luckily I'm just genetically an unhairy person since I find body hair pretty gross.

Same - although I don't clean shave them, use beard trimmer lol. Bushy hairy legs look *kitten* IMO

I just use clippers as well. Maybe a razor once or twice per year.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What does shaving have to do with sexual orientation?

Like he said. ... his lil part of the world

When I was cycling and living on the west coast, shaving legs wasn't a big deal.

Had I lived elsewhere, it might have been an issue. Might not too... dunno.

Just amazing how a form of grooming is linked to sexual orientation anywhere TBH

Agreed.

When I was putting in high miles, my legs were really cut.

Women had no problem with me shaving them.

Why people care about this, I have no idea.

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I think we need selfies so we can judge.
    You know, for science.