• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Bear checking in
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I know a lot of cyclists shave their legs which I never understood why. Is that leg hair really slowing you down? I also don't understand guys that get pedicures.....

Yea I've heard this too. I have been told if you fall while riding you will lose less skin without hair versus with hair

there is some truth in this

and it's far easier to dress and clean the road rash when the legs are clear of hair

Correct. There are other reasons but the ease of cleaning the wound is by far the number 1 reason that cyclists shave their legs.

http://bicycling.about.com/od/howtoride/tp/why_do_cyclists_shave.htm

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio. According to the NY Post approximately 40% of men shave their legs now......um WTF? That number sounds really high. I can see if you are competing as a body builder or something similar..
    Maybe I am just old or old fashioned. It's not the normal for a heterosexual male in my little part of the world to shave their legs.

What does shaving have to do with sexual orientation?

Like he said. ... his lil part of the world

When I was cycling and living on the west coast, shaving legs wasn't a big deal.

Had I lived elsewhere, it might have been an issue. Might not too... dunno.

Just amazing how a form of grooming is linked to sexual orientation anywhere TBH

Why are you amazed?

When I was a kid, a lot of gay men used to have an earring in only one ear. That was a form of grooming that was 100 % linked to sexual orientation.

Grooming and sex are pretty closely linked. I mean, finding a partner, or looking good to get them in the mood, or whatever, have always relied partly on grooming. There are other reasons people groom themselves but that's a really big one.

I'm not saying it's cool to go around being bigoted or anything. And I'm not saying that shaving one's legs is "gay." I'm just saying it isn't surprising at all that people would link grooming to sexuality.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I think we need selfies so we can judge.
    You know, for science.

Anything for a fellow okie...

You know I :heart: ya !
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    #Respect
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've seen a guy at work who let his girl paint his nails several times. Don't know of any yet who shave their legs, though..but I haven't asked everyone to roll up their pantlegs yet, so..
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Men whom shave, get more of their square footage; tongue bathed! :p
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

Angela?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Angela?

No, sorry!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Body hair is disgusting to me and I have shaved everything for over 20 years. I don't feel that I should keep hair because it is what everyone else prefers. I'm comfortable in my sexuality so that doesnt deter me from doing what I want to do.

Now, I don't just whip out the shaving cream/razor and hit my legs, I use trimmers all over the entire body. It's close, but not razor close. Rock tape doesn't stick to hair very well either and I'm currently using that as a small part in my knee therapy.
    Same. I don't shave my back, but the arms, legs, pits, and... special place gets shaved once a week.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Bear checking in

Yes! I'm such a sucker for a bear!

I always thought a bear was something else....

Well now you've piqued my interest and I'm dying to know what you thought it meant!

Well a bear is what hairy older gay dudes sometimes call themselves.

Lmfao!
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    Just heard on the radio. According to the NY Post approximately 40% of men shave their legs now......um WTF? That number sounds really high. I can see if you are competing as a body builder or something similar..
    Maybe I am just old or old fashioned. It's not the normal for a heterosexual male in my little part of the world to shave their legs.

What does shaving have to do with sexual orientation?

I didn't mean for you to think that I was implying that it did. I was just stating that in my little part of the world that is not the norm unless it's for a sport related thing.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I've seen a guy at work who let his girl paint his nails several times.

I worked with somebody like that, too. He was color blind, and alcoholic. He'd pass out, his would polish his nails, then he'd come in to work wondering why everybody was staring at him. In the summer he wore sandals so he'd have pink toenails too.