Wish I knew about this potential problem

Options
13»

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    OP thanks for bringing this to our attention!

You're welcome. Figured it might help someone down the road. And i wasn't that overweight that i had phisical limitations to crouch down or anything of a sort. I have a big frame, 5'7", active, play sports, love to do yard work and whatever else needs to be done. Needed to shed some extra pounds, gradually accumulated over the last 20 years But somehow ended up like that. And to be honest, i have noticed that within last few months i too, had more than usual numbness and tingling of limbs from certain prolonged positions, and just changing it would immediately stop it. This time i just didn't even noticed, so in two- three hours it was obviously too late. And what I'm saying here is my doctor's words, and his warning to be careful because things have changed in my body, nerves are more exposed and closer to the surface than before, so putting pressure for long periods of time is smart to avoid. Just wanted to forward his message to you, guys, as well. It's easily avoidable, and hope it helps someone.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This isn't true. If it was then all lean people would have damaged nerves.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ps nerves are not veins and the CNS is very intricate
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about nerve entrapment? This is actually rare.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Are you talking about nerve entrapment? This is actually rare.

Apparently not too rare. Doc said it's common, and while i was looking online for some answers, found many boards and forums where people were dealing with similar situation, after weight loss. Crossing legs at the desk appears to be a cause for many, for instance. But even sleeping in same position and not turning time to time can create issues