weirdest thing you've found in your food

Options

Replies

• luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    spider+crawling+up+the+inside+of+straw+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+scary+pictures.jpg
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A lady at an 'organic' restaurant I was working at complained that she found a worm in her salad.

I assured her the worm was free range.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    My husband once got a cockroach in a bowl of ice cream. I wonder why he doesn't like going out to eat. I've found a metal bolt in a bowl of corn.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    :laugh: free range
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I can't really complain most the weird stuff I have found in my food is stuff I put there.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    large copper staple in a salad
    many little bugs that were still living in some oregano I'd bought, they looked kind of like the oregano. it was only that the mass was moving that tipped it off.
    styrofoam in "energy" powder vitamin stuff that you add to water
    plastic stuff not sure what it was in an ice cream bar.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    For some reason I always get the food with the curly hair in it, Pizza mostly, once in a wrap that was cut in half, ate the first bit...picked up the second half and bam, hair right in the middle.

When I was a kid I bit down hard into a blue thumb tack baked into a pizza crust! Pierced my gum, My dad called and gave them an earful, guy said well these things happen...

Bout 10 yrs ago we ordered chinese food, got a rusty metal thumb tack in the fried rice. I was about to serve it to my son when I spotted it.

Pop can tab in a stirfry at a buffet once.

Needless to say, I don't eat take out/restaurant food to often any more, and if I do a thorough inspection has been made and even then...I approach with trepidation
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was at my parents house and they ordered pizza from a national chain. As my mom bit into the pizza, she bit on something hard which cracked her tooth! It ended up being a small bolt that came loose in the machine that cooked the pizza. After that experience I prefer to make my own pizza!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    cigarette butt in a sausage roll. Seriously.

you know what they offered me?? FREE FOOD FROM THAT BRAND FOR A YEAR.

Like I'd eat their scungy food ever again, much less a year of it for free..
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fingertip of a latex glove in my broccoli at Ruby Tuesday's. "Would you like some more broccoli," they asked. :sick:
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A woodlouse in my piece of cauliflower - I didn't eat it again for at least ten years!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A lady at an 'organic' restaurant I was working at complained that she found a worm in her salad.

That story made me gag. I am terrified of worms.

My husband tells this great story about his student days, when he went for a doner kebab after a heavy day of drinking, and as the guys in the takeaway were shaving the meat off the spit, the side fell off the slab of meat and a few hundred maggots fell out all over the floor.

He says its the only time he's projectile vomited with enough force to match when he has botulism.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Had a customer find a live baby frog in her salad. By the time I was done, she thought we were the best restaurant ever because our lettuce was obviously so fresh and organic.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    a nail, big enough that it was probably a toe nail. The ironic part was, it was on a submarine (think 'Down Periscope').
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just a hair. But I found it after I'd swallowed the end, so I could feel it coming back up as I pulled it out. It was so horrible I considered just swallowing it, but I kept pulling. I didn't tell anyone though, it was school canteen and the ladies were nice and they already had a terrible reputation that really wasn't (usually) deserved
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was eating oysters once and bit into a pearl. I found a ladybug in my salad at another place and a beetle in my food at a Mediterranean buffet.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Wow...some great stories here! I had a piece of plastic in my garlic bread at Applebee's. We don't go there anymore. Not simply because of that, but it doesn't help.
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I found a small cockroach in my slice of pizza once. Gross!
  • KristysLosing
    Options

Had a customer find a live baby frog in her salad. By the time I was done, she thought we were the best restaurant ever because our lettuce was obviously so fresh and organic.

Great job! lol That is awesome!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    spider+crawling+up+the+inside+of+straw+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+scary+pictures.jpg

I literally just threw up in my mouth