weirdest thing you've found in your food

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    About 15 years ago, my hubs found a bread twist tie in his cheeseburger. Mine had part of the bread bag's plastic.

A few years ago, we were eating at a Chinese restaurant in Tokyo. An enormous sewer rat slowly trotted out of the kitchen and came over to our table, where it stopped, looked up at us and slowly trotted away. We freaked a little, okay a lot, and called over the waiter. He shrugged his shoulders and said "yes, we have rats" then walked away. We didn't eat anything, obviously, but that rat was very well fed. I think it might have been their pet sewer rat.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I once found hard plastic in my Roast Beef sandwich at a popular fast food chain. When I told the manager, she said well you know the beef does come wrapped in plastic. Yea but you are supposed to unwrap it before you cook it.

I also found a bone in a can of tuna. I can no longer eat canned tuna. Only the packaged kind.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I were at Ruby Tuesday's and when the waiter put her food on the table, the roach crawled right out of the plate. His mouth dropped open, as he was in shock just like us. Needless to say I have never returned.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I had a bean sized cut up section of green snake in a can of green beans.

I always wonder who got the head in their can.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    A lady at an 'organic' restaurant I was working at complained that she found a worm in her salad.

I assured her the worm was free range.

That story made me gag. I am terrified of worms.

My husband tells this great story about his student days, when he went for a doner kebab after a heavy day of drinking, and as the guys in the takeaway were shaving the meat off the spit, the side fell off the slab of meat and a few hundred maggots fell out all over the floor.

He says its the only time he's projectile vomited with enough force to match when he has botulism.

Holy Crap! I almost projectile vomited just reading that.......seriously...........you win the prize for this post.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Once I was making Instant boxed rice... poured the seasoning in the pot and heard a clunk...it was a large nut and bolt...

Another time when I was growing up, my family was eating from a jar of strawberry jam for weeks... one day as we scooped in the jar we found the botton half was FULL of broken shards of glass...

And... I have found a large, but dried up ketchuppy spider in a bag of potato chips!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I found a ring in ice cream, and a nice one!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Had a bunch of little live bugs in my subway sub, they were in the lettuce. Drove back to Subway and they said I must have put them in there...
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A very large live cockroach in my sandwich. Ate half of the sandwich, was about to take another bite, looked down, and there it was, trying to get out. Luckily I made it into the bathroom before I threw up. :sick:
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything but two people I worked with found a grasshopper in a can of green beans and another person found a beak in a can of cream of chicken soup...and I saw both of them. Needless to say I don't eat cream of chicken soup.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    not me personally but I remember reading this in the papers

mouse-in-bread_1727361i_zps0fd9d354.jpg

martyx:sick:
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My huband once had a dr pepper, with maggots in it, he had drank half of it before he noticed it, OMG...:noway:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll have no problem losing weight after this thread :sick:

Mine is pretty mild compared to some of these but while at a chain restaurant, the server brought out dinner rolls with a smashed fly on one of them. RIght on top.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    No roaches, but once as a teen when I was scooping sugar from Mom's sugar bin I found a spider egg sack. Thankfully the spider was long gone, we threw out the sugar all around the egg sack (which interestingly, had a spider web built into it and the crystals dangled in a visually appealing way).
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    25 years ago I bit into a Burger King Cheeseburger and the cheese was covered in a green and dark brown mold. I have never been able to eat cheese since. (Except pizza)

Also, I found a Schnauzer in my Wienerschnitzel.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I once found broccoli in my food... it was hideous.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I sucked up a bug through my straw of my coffee once....right at the end of my drink. I had no idea what solid object was in my coffee and came up my straw, so I spewed the contents into my hand and there was the bug. It was gross....it was about a cm long and the legs were all shriveled probably from the heat of the coffee. Oh it was gross.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Dog.

When I was younger, my dad was in the air force and we were stationed in the Philippines. Even though the commissary (grocery store on base) is run by the same people that run the military bases in the US and around the world, somehow the ground beef had accidentally been compromised by ground dog meat. When they let everyone know the identifying numbers for the packs of ground beef we were to bring back (if we so chose to do so), my mom found 1 pack in the freezer that matched. We bought 2 packs when we went shopping and 1 of the packs we ate the following night, so since they were bought together (being packaged earlier that day), it's pretty much a no brainer that we ate Fido. :sad:

I was a very unique child, as I've been a news junkie for as long as I can remember. I went to school the next day and told my friends about the dog situation and one of the girls started freaking out because her family had Pancit Bihon (made with ground beef) 2 nights prior.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    not me personally but I remember reading this in the papers

mouse-in-bread_1727361i_zps0fd9d354.jpg

martyx:sick:

omg, wth??!!