Beating the circle.

Options
Baddogbeanie
Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
Stress = eating, eating = weight gain, weight gain = sadness, sadness = stress and so on and so on.. how do you beat,the circle?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Finding ways to cope with stress other than eating - exercise, meditation, playing with the cats, hobbies.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Discipline.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you are worth it and show yourself you care about you. It's kinda hokey but also true. We all have bad days, just do better at the next meal. Log it and move on. Eventually you will make more better choices than not so good choices. The most important thing is to stick with it.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I see the formula differently.

Eating = my choice, my choice = good decision or bad decision, good decision or bad decision = the consequences that make me who I am.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Stress = eating, eating = weight gain, weight gain = sadness, sadness = stress and so on and so on.. how do you beat,the circle?

how bout try Stress = exercise, exercise = healthy body/mind, healthy body/mind = satisfaction, satisfaction = peace.

happiness is a choice....how do you see your world. its easy to say i'm a victim..takes off the hard responsibility for seeing life positively. i'm over simplifying to state a point in which i believe in. yes, harder said than done.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I would day that you should try to change the stress and sadness.

Prayer works for me to not worry, which is at least half, if not 80% of what people call "stress."

The next thing is that gratitude to God for the good in our lives helps me to be a happy person. 90% of most Americans lives are good. When we get sad is because we are focusing on the 10% that is wrong. The way to change that focus is intentionally giving thanks for the many blessings you have. Because life is not 100% perfect all the time. Once you fix one issue, what happens? So stop fretting about where your life falls short, and focus on where it is more than enough.

And, if you get really into Jesus, as one gospel writer says, the cares of this world grows strangely dim. They are like the background blur filter on a camera. When you focus on him, the problems lose their sharpness and magnitude.

If you'd like to hear more about my thoughts on happiness, let me know. I can elaborate some more. Best wishes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I handle stress by making sure I'm hitting the gym or getting out on the bike...I'm not really a stress eater...I put that stress energy to good use...sometimes just a good yoga session makes the world a better place.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    How come whenever this OP posts this type of stuff, my mind goes in a different direction altogether? I guess I need to go sign up in that creepy girls thread.

Maybe because you are probably the nurturing type that is attracted to hurting people. You think you can fix them, and it turns you on. You don't think about all the drama that comes with it?
  • cee134
    Options
    How come whenever this OP posts this type of stuff, my mind goes in a different direction altogether? I guess I need to go sign up in that creepy girls thread.

Maybe because you are probably the nurturing type that is attracted to hurting people. You think you can fix them, and it turns you on. You don't think about all the drama that comes with it?

ot890raaw4wu.jpg
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

ot890raaw4wu.jpg

Really? You didn't know that's a thing?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    OP, you talked about some of the accomplishments in your life in your biker thread. They were impressive. Also, your profile pic shows, imo, a strong looking and handsome man with a charismatic smile. If you carry some extra weight, okay. If you're sad at the moment it will probably pass. If it doesn't, it's probably not related to eating too much pizza or being a little bit overweight. You're okay. You're going to figure this out.

I like her advice!
  • cee134
    Options

I know this is a thing.

zt1pk0ivwh52.gif

ee6.gif 180.9K
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    This is how I do it.

24872732359_edfbf3a9ab_o_d.jpg

17723822859_7bb7b96b74_o_d.jpg

Exercise + fun + a goal = an escape from stress.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I know this is a thing.

zt1pk0ivwh52.gif

Came here for gifs. Wasn't disappointed.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    This is how I do it.

24872732359_edfbf3a9ab_o_d.jpg

17723822859_7bb7b96b74_o_d.jpg

Exercise + fun + a goal = an escape from stress.

NorthCascades, you take the most beautiful photos!