How often do you step on the scale?

Options
124»

Replies

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Every day; sometimes twice in the same day if I happen to walk by the scale in our warehouse.
    Write the results on a small notepad on my desk.
    When the page gets full of numbers -- about once a week or so -- I'll average these numbers & log it.
    This avoids a sawtooth graph due to the influence of normal daily fluctuations.
    Some insist on first eliminating all bodily waste and eating nothing before weighing.
    Some insist on being nude.
    Doesn't matter, as long as you're consistent.
    Since most people wear clothing, and therefore carry it around all day, your body feels that weight; so what is the advantage of weighing naked? When I visit the doctor's office for an exam, I don't strip before weighing.
    So what if you had (or not) a "Ron White" elimination ... you know, the kind that makes your pants feel better afterwards.
    Weight is simply an indicator and shouldn't be your master.
  • flipflopfridays6071
    Options
    Never....well, really once a year when I go to the MD for an exam. The other day, I was asked by another woman how much I weighed. I said "I have no idea." She looked at me like I was crazy.

I don't bother with the scale because I gauge my progress by how I feel, how I look in the mirror, and how my clothes fit.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I found it saved my sanity to weigh in once a week instead of every day. I get too easily discouraged watching the fluctuations when weighing every day...
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, then average it out over the week. I find it helps me understand my body too, when I'm on my period my weight can go up 1.5kgs!
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and put it into an app called Happy Scale. That plots a 30 day and a 10 day moving average. If your 30 day moving average crosses below the 10 day, it turns red to show that you have a bad trend going. Otherwise, keep it all green and don't sweat the numbers.
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself only when I feel like I've lost a bit. You know that feeling when you get up in the morning and feel a bit lighter. I'm usually right, but in reality about once a week. I seem to notice really small loses like .2.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    In maintenance now, so I only weigh once every week or two.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Once a week works for me.
  • sarahannelily
    sarahannelily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day at the same (ish) time before food & drink, then log it on MFP and use the graph to notice general trends of weight gain or loss. I weigh in lbs rather than stone (which is what most people with with in the UK) because the number in the scale doesn't equate to a "real weight" in my mind that way. Im aware this method wouldn't work with a lot of people, but as someone who suffers from intermittent water bloating, if i only tracked once a week it would be difficult to see a general trend that way.
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday. I am trying to lose 7 more lbs so I like to see where my progress is weekly.