Weirdest food you've ever eaten?

Options
I'm curious.

I tried Escargot on a cruise ship and while it was not that bad, I would never eat it again. Just the thought alone makes me shudder.

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Frog legs
    Conch
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Fish eyes
  • iSquatForChickenNuggets
    Options
    Frog legs
    Conch

I'll admit I'm a fan of frog legs, but I've never tried conch.. Opinion?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Frog legs
    Conch

I'll admit I'm a fan of frog legs, but I've never tried conch.. Opinion?

Chewy. Not a fan.
  • kaylasaurus
    kaylasaurus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Uni! (sea urchin)
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Octopus
    Options
    Uni! (sea urchin)

The weirdest food does come from the sea doesn't it.. Unless we're talking about Mountain Oysters.
    Was uni any good?
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Crickets, grasshoppers, ants. Nothing like being a troop leader and showing the boys what they can eat in the wild
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Crickets, grasshoppers, ants. Nothing like being a troop leader and showing the boys what they can eat in the wild

^^Wins thread ^^
    Options

This store I visited sold cool ranch seasoned crickets. As much as my mouth watered for it, I couldn't do it.
  • Riffraft1960
    Options
    Crickets are an excellent source of protein. With enough of them you can make a good flour that can be baked with.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options

Did you at least cook them first? Gross.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    blood cake. Scandinavian breakfast food my mom made for years, didn't find out what it was made out of until I was in my 20's
  • kaylasaurus
    kaylasaurus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Uni! (sea urchin)

The weirdest food does come from the sea doesn't it.. Unless we're talking about Mountain Oysters.
    Was uni any good?

The texture is really weird - it was erm, squishy (the only edible part of a sea urchin are its, ahem, balls if you will as I found out later) Other than that it just taste like the ocean. Briney and slightly fishy but it wasn't bad.
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Conch is good especially if it's cajun style

Huge fan of cajun food.
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    blood cake. Scandinavian breakfast food my mom made for years, didn't find out what it was made out of until I was in my 20's

I don't fully regret looking it up. Just a little.
    Uni! (sea urchin)

Was uni any good?

The texture is really weird - it was erm, squishy (the only edible part of a sea urchin are its, ahem, balls if you will as I found out later) Other than that it just taste like the ocean. Briney and slightly fishy but it wasn't bad.

No matter how adventurous I am with food, I can never eat balls. If you would eat it again, I give you props!
  • Riffraft1960
    Options

Did you at least cook them first? Gross.

Fried up the crickets and grasshoppers. Made the ants into a chocolate bark type treat
  • Riffraft1960
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It funny, I could eat all that, but can't bring myself to try Rocky Mountain oysters
  • Riffraft1960
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Ate some balut gator meat goat meat

I think I would try balut, have to wait until someone offers it to me