Pig tail
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Deer
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Conch is awesome when fresh and prepared correctly...I don't think it's that weird but I've traveled quite a bit in the Caribbean and the Caribbean cost of Central America where it's pretty common...I think it was best in St. Maarten where you can get a lot of French Creole food done up...

Sea Urchin Sushi (Uni) is also awesome...Octopus Sushi (Tako) is one of my favorites...

Probably the weirdest thing I've ever had that I surprisingly liked was Blood Pudding when I was in Scotland...and Haggis...didn't think I'd like either, but they were delicious.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    My wife's meatloaf.

.... don't ask.
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Blood cake? Is that the same thing as blood pudding? Like sausage made of pork blood?
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Goat
    Ox tail
    Pig tail

I made a kick *kitten* oxtail stew last month...it's another popular item throughout the Caribbean...never had goat but have had lamb quite a bit...never had pig tail.
    Deer

My uncle is a hunter...I've been eating deer since I was a baby...

We need to do better than this...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo, Emu, Crocodile, Camel, Witchey Grubs, Escargot, Frogs Legs, Christmas Beetles, squid ink...
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Kangaroo, Emu, Crocodile, Camel, Witchey Grubs, Escargot, Frogs Legs, Christmas Beetles, squid ink...

Squid ink!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Goat
    Ox tail
    Pig tail

I made a kick *kitten* oxtail stew last month...it's another popular item throughout the Caribbean...never had goat but have had lamb quite a bit...never had pig tail.
    Deer

We read a book about American pioneers, and they had several pages about roasting pig tails. My kids begged me to make them. So I did. I got this response from one of them - "this actually tastes good!"
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Oooh...I forgot, I rather enjoy Escargot...my wife and I go to this little French place here and get it...I want to try all of that other stuff except maybe not the squid ink...and maybe not the beetles (I've tried other bugs...not a fan)...and I don't think I could handle the grubs...

I try everything else though...Frogs Legs have been on my culinary bucket list for awhile....
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Goat
    Ox tail
    Pig tail

Deer

And you made oxtail stew?! Is your wife Jamaican?

Because (man cooking) + (oxtail) + (stew) = heavy Caribbean influence?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    4tayeggh6rrk.jpg
    This is from last year blood pudding rice and macaroni salad it was sooo good!

The rice looks edible. I'll take your word on it, because I'm not eating blood. No thanks!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Frog legs. They were good.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Goat
    Ox tail
    Pig tail

Deer

No, but I've traveled quite a bit in the Caribbean and love Caribbean food...actually, I just really enjoy food from all over the place and routinely try my hand at various cuisines from around the world...they usually come out really good and I try to be authentic as possible...for whatever reason I struggle cooking Indian cuisine though...it never seems to come out quite right...

I love to cook and just cooking regular old recipes gets boring...
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Frog legs. They were good.

I want to try them badly...we have a nice little French place here and I'm surprised they don't have them...they're on my list.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    octupus and ostrich
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Squid ink!

Yup! Squid ink pasta, and squid ink risotto. It's really not particularly anything, just salty. It's only weird because it's the only black food I think I've really eaten.

I also forgot wallaby and sweetmeats (lamb pancreas). Oh, and pigeon.

We eat 'roo often, it's kind of the Australian answer to venison, more gamey than beef, very lean and quite delicious when cooked right. I use 'roo mince in lasagne, chili, burgers etc.

• upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    xaryo wrote: »
    Blood cake? Is that the same thing as blood pudding? Like sausage made of pork blood?

It was an actual cake made with beef blood. With nuts in it. We fried it in butter and put a little powdered sugar on it and had it for breakfast. It was delicious actually, really rich and creamy. Haven't had it in years.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    For I've tried sardines and a few years ago I got tricked into trying chicken heart
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Goat
    Ox tail
    Pig tail

Deer

No, but I've traveled quite a bit in the Caribbean and love Caribbean food...actually, I just really enjoy food from all over the place and routinely try my hand at various cuisines from around the world...they usually come out really good and I try to be authentic as possible...for whatever reason I struggle cooking Indian cuisine though...it never seems to come out quite right...

I love to cook and just cooking regular old recipes gets boring...

Just wow. Very nice, man!