Women body shape and weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if different body shapes loose weight differently. Ive got the typical hourglass shape im all bum thights and tits.
    Since beginning my journey
    Start weight 125.8kg (277lb)
    Current weight 96.2kg (212lb)
    Goal weight 70kg (154lb)
    Im only 5ft3 and im finding it difficult to go down lower than what i am now. Is there specific workouts i should be doing for my body shape? Just confused and frustrated.

I would focus on studying and reducing your caloric intake. As for exercise, moderate exercise is good, but there are certain exercises that will make a fat area look even bigger. For example, I wouldn't squat with heavy weights if you're concerned about having big hips. Don't believe the people who tell you that strength training makes fat magically melt away from all areas equally. If you're meant to hold fat in your bust and hips you will always have more than the average woman. But if strength, not appearance is your goal, lift away. You'll see how your body responds to exercise and can always modify your routine.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    cmacphee3 wrote: »
    I think that what someone thinks is their bodyshape when they are obese is probably not what they actually will look like at a healthy weight.

Maybe that is true of some people, but as someone who has gone from morbid obesity down to normal weight (and back up, on my way back down) my body shape actually stayed pretty constant, just smaller. The only difference might have been a slightly more defined waist, but my boobs stayed small for my size, my lower stomach stayed large for my size, and my legs and waist and arms all stayed average for my size at every weight. Have I ever been super skinny? No, but I was well within "healthy" weight class and my body size changed dramatically, but my body shape did not.

Ditto. I was all boobs, belly, hips, relatively thin legs, large waist. Now 75 lbs later my legs are dis-proportionally thin, I'm still all boobs and hips and trying to lose the belly (so much loose skin anyway, it's a hopeless cause). Waist is still too large and jeans either fall off or give me a muffin top (only 8 inch difference between my hips and waist).

It's all genetics. Both my mom and my paternal grandmother had thin legs, big boobs, and held everything in the hips and midsection. It looks ridiculous IMO but there's not much I can do about it.