What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    BREAKFASTS are my favorite ! i love everything that includes egg bacon ans fruits ! :D
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    810b8d84ec9011e2895f22000a9e4895_7.jpg

Love it!

JDy--where do you find that brand?
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Egg Beater with mushroom and spinach topped with salsa and 1 or 2 pieces of crispy bacon...under 200 calories and 6 grams of fat!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    1 cup plain greek yogurt.

1/2 cup fresh fruit.
    1-2 Tbsp nuts, seeds, granola, or jam.

I LOVE eating yogurt in the morning. It keeps me full and happy. I've eaten this way for so long that I miss it if I don't have it. I started out with fruit flavored, but now I enjoy plain and adding my own stuff - it takes a bit to get used to but now I don't miss the sweetness.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Love breakfast and in a perfect world I would indulge in Cinnamon french toast with butter and maple syrup. Side of bacon, OJ. My current reality... cereal, 2% milk with fruit mixed in. Sigh
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I am not normally hungry in the morning, but I do feel the need to eat a meal to get some fuel into my body. So I am looking for some ideas. What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

1) If you're not hungry in the morning and you'd rather consume your calories at other times in the day, there's no real compelling reason to eat first thing in the morning.

2) More on topic, I usually go for some hard boiled eggs, cheese, and a tortilla. However, lately I've been favoring a cup of mixed cherries and berries, 1/2 cup of ff milk, and 1/4 cup of either Kind (flax seed) or Udi's (vanilla) granola. I've been surprised at how long this breakfast keeps me full.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    1. French toast, liberal amounts of butter on each slice and plenty of maple syrup, Hormel sausages links preferred, or crispy bacon

2. 3-4, 8" diameter pancakes, butter and syrup amounts similar to my French toast, Maple Leaf sausages or crispy bacon

3. Cora's chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella, but it's not called that) and banana crepe

4. 2 scramble eggs, black pepper, crispy bacon or sausage rounds, cheddar cheese wrapped up in a flour tortilla

5. Sausage, egg, and cheese 6" from Subway with lettuce, cucumber, green peppers, and onions.

What do I eat now? Carnation breakfast shake with 1% milk or Shredded Wheat with 1% milk when I don't have any breakfast mix.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it's got to be hot!
    oatmeal with buttered toast
    eggs ( fried, scrambled etc ) and bacon or sausage
    egg omlet with cheese and veggies with toast or in a
    wrap.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is my ultimate breakfast. Good fuel. Sprinkle a few blueberries or some apple slices on top; and presto!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 small pepperoni sticks
    2 mushrooms
    1/2 bell pepper
    28g of soy cheese
    maybe 1/2 an avocado

UNHEALTHY

Panscramblers with the tatter tots and the scramble eggs, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and extra sausage.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Love breakfast and in a perfect world I would indulge in Cinnamon french toast with butter and maple syrup. Side of bacon, OJ. My current reality... cereal, 2% milk with fruit mixed in. Sigh

I know how you feel.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, toast with banana and honey, or if it's cold outside then I have porridge.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Usually a hard boiled egg and string cheese, greek yogurt with berries, or leftovers from last nights dinner. On weekends I'll take more time and make scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage, or even a breakfast frittata (which I would then take the leftovers to work).
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm all about what I can make/have at work.
    This includes:
    -Oatmeal
    -toast (or eng muffins or a wrap, depending on how I'm feeling with carbs) with PB, sometimes jam
    I used to make myself egg wraps: nuke eggs/egg beaters in the microwave, turkey/chicken bacon in there too, spread some laughing cow cheese on a wrap, add some salsa and chili flakes (I like spicy foods) and wrap it up. Good amount of calories, tastes great and very filling. But my coworker hates the smell of eggs, and since we're the only 2 in here I decided I should be nice and not assault his senses.
    - right now i'm changing up my eating patterns so tend to get those breakfasty granola bars. I currently have Kashi chewy peanut butter bars, tho they taste pretty bland. I've had their dry peanut butter bars and I think a honey one, which were pretty good and were more filling. I also get nature valley, all bran and others. I try to get things that have decent fibre and protein and are lower in sugar. If they fit these 3 then they're usually pretty decent on calories too.
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    it's hard to pick one as breakfast is my favorite meal of the day....so: either scrambled eggs with lots of veggies or an english muffin with homemade almond butter and slices of banana:)
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried this today after hearing about it along while ago. I bought a coffee grinder and just plain old Quaker Oats awhile ago and am wondering why it took so long to get around to making it. So good!

Oatmeal Pancake

1/2 cup quaker oats oatmeal (ground)
    1 egg
    cinnamon sprinkled
    squeeze of stevia
    water to make it a batter consistency

I added this but you can probably add any fruit at this point, 2 heaping teaspoons of natural applesauce

mix up and fry in a non-stick pan lightly sprayed with a light oil like a pancake

You could eat this anyway you'd like with fresh fruit, berries, etc. I just sprayed it with I Can't Believe its Not Butter spray and it was very yummy and very filling.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!

- Banana pancakes (1 banana + 1.5 egg + 1 Tblsp. almond flour) with sugar-free syrup and a side of bacon or sausage
    - Eggs Benni with asparagus
    - Eggs and bacon, one slice of whole grain/sprouted wheat toast with homemade freezer jam

Wash it all down with a hot cup of tea and sometimes unsweetened grapefruit juice.
    I need a lot of protein at breakfast. While I love steel-cut oatmeal, it never seems to last me until lunch time.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I HATE breakfast. I have a Kashi bar every morning.
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    its a toss up between eggs (boiled or scrambled) and a premier protien shake...
  • Raevyns
    Raevyns Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On Work days I usually have oatmeal and sometimes fruit, like a nectarine or an apple. Easy and quick!

Weekends and days off, it's a toss up. I prefer savory brekkies so if I feel up to it I'll make eggs and toast.