What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    Options
    If I am in a huge hurry I will eat a fiberone coconut chocolate bar and whatever fruit is easiest to grab as I run out the door.

If I have time but am lazy kix with a cup of low fat milk and a fruit.

If I am doing it right I cook two pieces of saralee turkey bacon and then not cleaning the pan cook two eggs in the already accounted for bits of fat so they don't stick and add peppers, or cheese and then a fruit.

But I love breakfast foods :)
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I get tired of eating the same thing all the time so I usually mix it up. Yesterday was whole grain waffles with nutella. Today I had a nutria-grain bar and some blackberries.
  • gregkelly
    gregkelly Posts: 5
    Options
    In the summer...

I put these in a blender bottle and shake it up!
    8oz iced coffee
    1 Whole Banana (small)
    1 scoop Whey Protein (Chocolate)
    2 tbsp. PB2

Ready in 5 minutes and I'm out the door! I'm definitely not a morning person.

In the winter...
    I boil some water in the microwave and throw it over plain rolled oats. Let it soak up the water and cool down a bit and then throw chocolate protein powder in it for flavor.

For me it's important to get both carbohydrates and proteins in when starting the day. If I consume only carbohydrates (cereal with fruit, etc.), I crash by 10 AM.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal, Turkey bacon, and egg white scramble with veg :heart:
  • daniellerusbult1
    Options
    I am not normally hungry in the morning, but I do feel the need to eat a meal to get some fuel into my body. So I am looking for some ideas. What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

1) If you're not hungry in the morning and you'd rather consume your calories at other times in the day, there's no real compelling reason to eat first thing in the morning.

2) More on topic, I usually go for some hard boiled eggs, cheese, and a tortilla. However, lately I've been favoring a cup of mixed cherries and berries, 1/2 cup of ff milk, and 1/4 cup of either Kind (flax seed) or Udi's (vanilla) granola. I've been surprised at how long this breakfast keeps me full.

I disagree. I've read this and talked to so many people who have said the same thing: Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. When you don't eat, your body thinks you are fasting and starts storing more fat. We all "fast" during the night (when we sleep), so we need some breakfast, even if it's something small, to kickstart our metabolism!

I'll be honest, I can tell a difference in my body when I just start eating breakfast! It's a quick and easy fix in our diets!
  • ccherry24
    ccherry24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Oatmeal and 1 oz almonds with either a protein shake or egg whites (with a lot of Red Hot!)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Either poached egg on toast, or scrambled egg. Sometimes porridge, and sometimes muesli.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my Cheerios in the morning! I eat at work and it's quick to fix, easy to eat between calls / customers, and I can toss in some fresh fruit to make it even yummier. Some mornings, I'll mix it up and make a parfait with fresh berries or other fruit, Yoplait Very Vanilla light yogurt, and maybe even some granola tossed in. But I love my toasted oats :)
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    During the work week, I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning. I do a different one each day to change things up. It's a great way for me to fit in fruits, veggies, calcium and fiber.

On the weekends, I like to make something with eggs, be it scrambled eggs with tomatoes and avocado, an omelette or a fried egg on an English muffin with bacon, or some blueberry protein pancakes.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    6 eggs, 6 strips of bacon, Coke Zero
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BREAKFAST! I love it so much I generally eat it for every meal of the day.
    Every single day for breakfast I eat Kashi GoLean cereal, milk, flax seed, chia seeds. MMMMMMMMMMMM!
    Most days for lunch I eat oatmeal (fruits and veggies on the side)
    And many days I eat my eggs for supper!
    A scoop of all natural peanut butter could be added to any of these meals!
  • ganbaranba
    ganbaranba Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :) I love breakfast! Right now I eat 1 cup of greek yogurt or low-fat vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup of KIND granola (yummy!) on work days. On the weekends, I usually eat 2 slices of wheat or white toast with peanut butter or Nutella or jam. Sometimes I'll eat a piece of fruit like a banana or have a few hard boiled eggs. These breakfasts are always accompanied with coffee. :)
  • kstorz77
    kstorz77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of quick oats
    1 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 tsp cinnamon
    how ever many drops of stevia you prefer
    1tsp flax

sometimes I add blueberries, strawberries or banana, or just eat it by itself. yummy and very filling!
  • shaymo10
    shaymo10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt and Fresh Strawberries. On the weekend, waffles and turkey bacon.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros - I love this with black beans and no tortilla, so very yummy. If I go to breakfast (on the weekends) this is what I order.
    On weekdays it is either a Jalapeno cheddar bagel or some fruit.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have a potato/egg breakfast burrito EVERY SINGLE MORNING

2 oz frozen diced potatoes
    2 T corn salsa
    1/4 C Egg Beaters
    2 T Pico de Gallo

Fried in 1 tsp of Smart Balance Omega Blend oil then wrapped in 1 Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness High Fiber/Low Carb Tortilla

Grand total of about 240 calories, 5g fat, 13g protein, 31g carb and 10g fiber. You could add some mozzarella cheese for 80 calories/6g fat.

IMG_20130609_123611.jpg

IMG_20130712_122118.jpg
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fried egg, Jimmy Dean turkey patty, muenster cheese slice on top. Only about 215 calories.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people put flax in stuff. can someone tell me the health benefits of flax seeds? And also where in the grocery store I would find it? Thanks
  • foodie178
    foodie178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    this recipe is seriously dangerous. i've made it every day for the past week and it fills me up plus it can be made healthy!

single serving pancakes
    1/4 cup flour (1/3 cup if not using flax and wheat germ!)
    1 tbs wheat germ
    1 tbs ground flax
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp oil (i like coconut)

mix wet ingredients, add to dry, and cook on a heated and oiled pan (i like trader joe's spray coconut oil, 0 calories!) . i typically make 3 decent sized pancakes, and top them with some pb2 and blueberry preserves thinned with water to make a "syrup". YUM.
  • foodie178
    foodie178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    this recipe is seriously dangerous. i've made it every day for the past week and it fills me up plus it can be made healthy!

single serving pancakes
    1/4 cup flour (1/3 cup if not using flax and wheat germ!)
    1 tbs wheat germ
    1 tbs ground flax
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp oil (i like coconut)

mix wet ingredients, add to dry, and cook on a heated and oiled pan (i like trader joe's spray coconut oil, 0 calories!) . i typically make 3 decent sized pancakes, and top them with some pb2 and blueberry preserves thinned with water to make a "syrup". YUM.

if you use unsweetened almond milk, the whole recipe comes out to 294 calories with 14 g of protein! add about 18 g of pb2 as topping and another tbs of blueberry preserves, and its 391 total calories and 20 g of protein.