Fat, Sugar, Protien!!

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited October 2016
    My macros I set to 50% carbs, 20% fat, 30%, Itsr default setting for 1450 calories but I switched the protein and fat percentages, is that OK?

MyFitnessPal’s current default goals distribute calories as follows: 50% from carbohydrates, 20% from protein and 30% from fat.

I decreased the MFP default carbs slightly and increased the protein slightly as this ratio keeps me fuller better. I just focus on protein and the rest takes care of itself.

I go over fat all the time but as long as I stay under calories I lose weight.

Like many others, I swapped out Sugar for Fiber, as tracking this has more value for me. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    For your carbs dont' eat as much fruit, fruit has lots of sugar. Stick with whole grains like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, etc...that way you get carbs, but not sugar. For protein? Simply use protein powder. I've talked to a lot of Women who are afraid to drink protein shakes because they think it will make them bigger, in reality that's not true, only extra calories make you bigger, nothing else. If you need the added protein and can't get it enough from food like meats, then drink a protein shake. I use a protein powder that's 30 g of Protein for ONE scoop. Don't worry about fats being high as long as it's healthy fats mostly. Try to eat more whole foods and less processed or packaged food items I know it's hard especially depending on the type of job you have and things like that. I enter in all my foods I plan on eating in the beginning of the day so I can adjust accordingly. I eat eggs, Peanut butter, milk, oat meal, high fiber bread slices, Smart balance butter, protein powder, and other foods but those are my main foods that I eat almost on a daily basis.

There's nothing wrong with eating fruit or the sugar that's in it.

I love fruit. I eat quite a bit of it and have been dropping body fat while eating at least 2-3 servings daily.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    For your carbs dont' eat as much fruit, fruit has lots of sugar. Stick with whole grains like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, etc...that way you get carbs, but not sugar. For protein? Simply use protein powder. I've talked to a lot of Women who are afraid to drink protein shakes because they think it will make them bigger, in reality that's not true, only extra calories make you bigger, nothing else. If you need the added protein and can't get it enough from food like meats, then drink a protein shake. I use a protein powder that's 30 g of Protein for ONE scoop. Don't worry about fats being high as long as it's healthy fats mostly. Try to eat more whole foods and less processed or packaged food items I know it's hard especially depending on the type of job you have and things like that. I enter in all my foods I plan on eating in the beginning of the day so I can adjust accordingly. I eat eggs, Peanut butter, milk, oat meal, high fiber bread slices, Smart balance butter, protein powder, and other foods but those are my main foods that I eat almost on a daily basis.

she can have fruit. there is nothing wrong with eating fruit. I eat a lot of fruit and had no issues losing weight.its all about CICO unless a person has issues with carbs of any kind and has to watch them(diabetes,pcos,insulin resistance,etc). carbs are sugar so bread,oatmeal are carbs and depending on the bread there is going to be sugar in it.peanut butter has sugar,milk and even a lot of protein powders,. sugar isnt bad and she doesnt even have to track her sugar,she can swap it out to track fiber or something entirely different. sugar itself does NOT inhibit weight loss. too many calories do. I also loss fat and weight eating processed/packaged foods. I just eat less of it