Postpartum Mommy Weight Loss(non mom's welcome too!)

Options
asantoroski
asantoroski Posts: 11 Member
I'm four months postpartum and have been stagnant the last month or so.

I want to start a challenge for me and whoever else to motivate each other until the new year. Let's set a goal for December 31st!

SW: 247
CW: 227
GW: 215

Replies

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am in. I had a baby mid June and have quite a bit to lose as well.
    The day before having her I was 248
    Sw 231
    Cw 213
    Gw 200 for the new year and 160 is u.g.w..
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    SW 2 weeks pp 241
    CW 198
    GW for starting the new year 190
  • jennheav
    jennheav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    December will be a year for me. Wanting start trying for baby #2 soon but wanna get all the 1st baby weight off first!!
    CW 155
    GW 145
  • prettyispain
    prettyispain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in, had my baby august 25, 2016.
    Sw 330
    Cw 293
    Gw for December 280.

my overall goal is to be 199 but I'm being realistic for December.
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I had my baby in January. I think I was about 155lbs when I had him.
    CW: 135.6
    GW: 125.6
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Me too! Baby is 9 months and I thought I'd be back to my pre baby weight by now. But, he had reflux, I had post partum depression, and had to have surgery to remove my thyroid. Maybe I can get close by a year!

2 weeks pp - 168
    CW-156
    Goal - 140
  • asantoroski
    Options
    I'm so excited you're all in! What do you guys think for Friday being check in day for weigh ins? I'm open to any day. We can do like a weekly check in of what we did, if we lost and bounce ideas off each other. My job is in an office so I'm on my *kitten* all day which sucks. I'm trying to get in extra steps a day right now and having mini dance parties with my oldest daughter at night.
  • asantoroski
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I like how it replaced my curse word with kitten.
  • Hooyooftwo
    Hooyooftwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in. I had a baby in June and have not lost much. I need the motivation.

CW: 164
    GW: 150
    I n
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I may weigh Thursday evenings if that's ok I work nights and don't normally sleep Thursday nights or Friday during the day, but I get to sleep thursday during the day. I eat Thursday nights as if it was day time, so I'd rather weigh after sleeping!
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself on Mondays for a different challenge. But I can do another on Friday if that's what is decided. :)
  • Myaaka
    Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Dani. My daughter is 7.5 months old now and I'm dying to get the rest of the baby weight off plus extra!
    SW: 255 day before she was born
    CW: 198.6
    GW: 175 for Dec 31st!! But I'd be happy with 181 if I had to haha
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Friday's are good for check in for me. Happy to see everyone in this challenge.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hi! My [fourth... and final] little guy is almost one and I'm trying to lose as well.

SW day of delivery - 11/11/2015: 240+
    SW 6 wks pp - 12/23/2015: 210

CW: 169.8
    GW: 145 (or less)
  • asantoroski
    Options
    If you guys are weighing on certain days already that's fine we can just post on the same day as a check in then and say what day we weighed and what the outcome was. Or post on the day you weighed in. For everyone not already using a certain day we will do Fridays. I'm so happy people joined!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Forgot to post on Friday. So in weigh in day I weighed 212. So another pound lost which brings my current loss to 19 pounds. I have 12 to go to my New Years goal. I was wondering what everyone was doing for workouts. Especially what time you are fitting them in. I have a three year old and my baby is four months old and breastfed on demand which I find harder. I lost all the weight with my first one but she was bottle fed by four months and slept through the night so I was able to wake up at 5:30 and work out. Now I am so tired in the mornings from feeding multiple times. The last 2 weeks have been especially challenging but I know I have to figure out a time that works. I love working out first thing because then it is out of the way and the day feels great afterwards but man I hate working out when I am exhausted!!! Sorry for the long post
  • asantoroski
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I actually gained weight and my period is two days away so I don't know if that's why. I also have a 3 and a half year old with my four month old. I've been using my Fitbit and getting in steps but it's not cutting it so I signed up for kickboxing classes starting Wednesday. My older daughter takes Kung Fu so I can take kickboxing during her class and have the baby sit in the car seat. Hopefully that works out for me, lol. I feel your pain Melionfire, there really just aren't enough hours in the day. And I work full time at a bank so I sit on my *kitten* a lot there which doesn't help.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Our kids are close in age. My oldest is 3 years and 4 months old and my baby is four months old. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. Chances are it is water retention because of the time of the month. Whenever the scale goes up I remind myself that I would have to eat 3500 calls above maintenance to gain a pound and then I reflect on m food diary and habits. If you have been doing everything according to plan the scale will eventually go back down. Sadly weight loss isn't linear and will on occasion go up before dropping which really messes with the psyche.
  • Myaaka
    Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My weigh in was yesterday. I was down 3.6 lbs for that week and 3 inches!! So happy! Just been extra careful counting and logging calories and working out almost each day. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and walking about 1-1.5 miles each day. It's rough since I have an 8 month old but I just ask hubby to watch her for an hour so I can workout and shower. Or I'll do it during a nap if I'm able to.