Postpartum Mommy Weight Loss(non mom's welcome too!)

Options

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oops missed all of these new messages sorry. Friday's my weigh in day anyway so thats great for me !I was 197 on Friday so that's 1 pound down so far for me in this challenge.

Sorry to hear some of you have had a tough time with PND and things. Hope this group helps you feel supported. Being a mother is so tough! I'm still breast feeding my nearly 9month old so have been going slow and steady aiming for one pound a week. With the multiple wake ups and she's still never slept through it's hard to get the exercise in but lately I've been managing 30 to 40mins of exercise dvds while she plays around me.
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I actually was up to 157. Is ok though, my thyroid was removed 3 weeks ago and I had recovery and haven't had my meds adjusted yet. I'm getting them upped Friday so hopefully that will help! Feeling good enough to work out now, just sluggish.
    @Am_change I'm breastfeeding my 9 month old too! He occasionally sleeps through the night, but is going through some major separation anxiety right now.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This week's goals for me are to fit in 30 minutes exercise minimum 5 days out of the week and to plan my food for the day and stick to it. The last two weeks have been off for me and I know the pounds won't continue to come off if I continue in that way. Happy Halloween everyone
  • coleensmith18
    coleensmith18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is coleen and i would like to join this challenge, i didnt gain much but am having troubles losing the weight. I have to be at a certain weight for the military so thats why im trying to loose it, but its going very slow. My baby is almost 8 months, she turns 8 months on the 9th, im new to the challanges so i dont really know how to join.
    Sw 164
    Cw 149
    Gw 139
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Had my son 5 october and determined to lose what i should of before hand. Actually lost 6pounds while pregnant so was nice to see the scales lower on delivery day than they were to start with. Hope youre all doing well look forward to seein how you all got on this week. Im a night time snacker infront of the tv. Any tips on alternatives to crisps and sweets?

Sw 246
    Cw 229
    Gw 210 by new year
    Gw long term 161

• keelzamy
    Options
    I'm four months postpartum and have been stagnant the last month or so.

I want to start a challenge for me and whoever else to motivate each other until the new year. Let's set a goal for December 31st!

SW: 247
    CW: 227
    GW: 215

Were pretty close in sw and cw got me thinking my gw id too ambitious??
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    SW 2 weeks pp 241
    CW 198
    GW for starting the new year 190

Last week 197
    This week 195.2

@keelzamy I think we have about 7 weeks left of this year so for me your target of 19 pounds would be too ambitious as I'm lucky to consistently lose 1 a week, but you know what you've been losing so far. Good luck!
  • keelzamy
    Options
    SW 2 weeks pp 241
    CW 198
    GW for starting the new year 190

Last week 197
    This week 195.2

@keelzamy I think we have about 7 weeks left of this year so for me your target of 19 pounds would be too ambitious as I'm lucky to consistently lose 1 a week, but you know what you've been losing so far. Good luck!

Did 3lb last week but only just started so will see on mon when i weigh and maybe adjust it then.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    This week I am down 2.6 pounds. Was 212 last week and 209.4 today
  • Melionfire
    Options
    My reply got cut real short. Excited that I am now 9.4 pounds to New Years goal and less then ten till I see the number one in the first digit again. I think I am in a sweet spot with nursing and portion control and activity. Hope everyone has had a great week and will have an awesome weekend
  • bitsybz
    bitsybz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in I had my son Oct 1. I was 172 when I had him. currently I am 154 goal weight is 135.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    keelzamy wrote: »
    Had my son 5 october and determined to lose what i should of before hand. Actually lost 6pounds while pregnant so was nice to see the scales lower on delivery day than they were to start with. Hope youre all doing well look forward to seein how you all got on this week. Im a night time snacker infront of the tv. Any tips on alternatives to crisps and sweets?

Sw 246
    Cw 229
    Gw 210 by new year
    Gw long term 161

I have a weekness for sweets and have found many healthier dessert recipes to help kick my sweet tooth but still remain within calories. This week I made banana oat chocolate chip cookies and dark chocolate avocado truffles that are only around 70 caloroies each. I also allow myself a portion of what I crave. So if I really want chips I take one portion out of the bag or even half a portion, then I put the bag away and log it. As long as you are stopping there you should be fine. I find that I crave food more when I tell myself I can't have it. It is like reverse psychology because now that i have decided there are no forbidden foods my cravings are much more controlled.
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ^ This. I also eat Fiber One Brownies (90 cal), Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (80 cal + protein) and Pure Protein Bars (the chocolate peanut butter ones have 20g of protein and only 2g of sugar but they're 200 calories). It helps with wanting sweets all the time. And I found 100 calorie ice cream cups at Walmart. Other stores sell Halo Top ice cream that's high in protein and only a hundred and something calories for half a pint.
  • keelzamy
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »

Sw 246
    Cw 229
    Gw 210 by new year
    Gw long term 161

I have a weekness for sweets and have found many healthier dessert recipes to help kick my sweet tooth but still remain within calories. This week I made banana oat chocolate chip cookies and dark chocolate avocado truffles that are only around 70 caloroies each. I also allow myself a portion of what I crave. So if I really want chips I take one portion out of the bag or even half a portion, then I put the bag away and log it. As long as you are stopping there you should be fine. I find that I crave food more when I tell myself I can't have it. It is like reverse psychology because now that i have decided there are no forbidden foods my cravings are much more controlled.

Dark choc avocado truffles? Do you have a recipe??
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ill post my start weight on Monday -got to get the scale new batteries.

I am about 6 months pp, and have I think 25- 30 pounds to lose ... IIl know for sure Monday . This was my 4th little one (4 kids 7yrs and under) and it seems each time it gets harder and harder to bounce back. Ive been on MFP in the past but deleted my old profiles to start fresh.... I NEED buddies :-)
  • Hooyooftwo
    Hooyooftwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really good this past week. I didn't weight myself last Friday but did today. I lost 3lbs since the 25th. I feel good and I am happy with my food choices. Let's keep going everyone!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »

Sw 246
    Cw 229
    Gw 210 by new year
    Gw long term 161

Dark choc avocado truffles? Do you have a recipe??

Mash one medium avocado with a fork or mixer until there are no chunks. Mix in half a cup of melted chocolate chips. I melted them in the microwave. I added half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix until smooth and then put in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm it up. Them the messy part. Roll into balls I made about 10 but probably could have made them smaller. I use the recipe builder to figure out the calories per ball. Once rolled roll them in cocoa powder till covered. I put them in the freezer to get them firm and pull one out when I get a chocolate craving. You get all the benefits of the avocado and the antioxidants of the dark chocolate and something sweet and yummy.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    I use Hershey's 70% dark chocolate chipits but you can go darker if you like.