Trader Joes

Options

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Speaking of seasonal items...waiting patiently for the Vanilla Cinnamon black tea bags...soooo good, but a winter-only product for them.
  • smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to their full-fat coconut milk in the can. I'm lactose intolerant, so I'm loving the fact that I have a delicious substitute for so many things now!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I'm so bummed. I went there yesterday hoping to get some Pumpkin Biscotti. It's gone.. :/
    Out if stock or gone for good
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I'm so bummed. I went there yesterday hoping to get some Pumpkin Biscotti. It's gone.. :/
    Out if stock or gone for good

Gone till next year...
  • Hope228
    Options
    Speaking of seasonal items...waiting patiently for the Vanilla Cinnamon black tea bags...soooo good, but a winter-only product for them.

I need to try this!
  • cristinabranco16
    cristinabranco16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes,love tjs!!!
    I just did our weekly shopping and got: meat, cauliflower rice ,spinach ,butternut squash, avocado, milk, cream
    Cheese, pop corn, tortilla corn chips, bread(the Tuscan bread is great),cheese ,tortellini ,fig butter ,pumpkin butter,chocolate ....so many good things there and always something new and great to try!!
  • Hope228
    Options
    On my trip there Saturday I got the Peanut Butter & Jelly Yogurt (my breakfast during the work week) I know a lot of people hate it, but I am addicted. I also bought some of the pumpkin walks in to a bar bars.. Their frozen corn niblets are yum as are the Lobster ravioli.. Oh and I really like their 96/4 ground beef.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love their Hot & Sweet Cherry Peppers (pickled), Chevre (a pure goats' milk cheese), Sour cream & onion corn puffs, and their whole wheat Pita bread pockets. These are treats that are easy on the pocketbook and fit easily into my calorie goals. I like the peppers halved and stuffed with the goats' cheese. Two halves and I walk away with happy taste buds and a smile. If they weren't so far away (1 1/2 hrs) I'd shop there more but for now I just stop by every couple of months or when it's on the way to one of my other destinations.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I buy these like I'll never get them again. Their harvest tea that they have out now is pretty good too.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    oh. Add their eggplant hummus to my list...low cal/oil free and so delicious. Great snack to have with their Persian cucumbers!
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER IS MY LIFE
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm definitely obsessed! It's a family trait -- my sister is a manager there and loves it, to the point that every Christmas she makes TJ's giftbaskets for the whole family, haha. I can't get enough of their eggplant hummus, which is so delicious, filling, and low calorie on carrot sticks or slices of cucumber. I also adore their frozen mandarin orange chicken, garlic & herb chicken sausages, and Thai sweet chili veggie burgers. Their refrigerated unsweetened vanilla almond "beverage" (lol) is the best and cheapest almond milk I've found, and it's perfect in smoothies. Oh, and their truffle-infused salt! I could go on...

My biggest unhealthy temptations there are the milk chocolate covered pretzels and the organic baguettes... <3
  • southerngirllostinqueens
    Options
    omg... OBSESSED. Coconut strips are a sweet snack that aren't that healthy but I don't feel so bad, their califlower rice is a blessing since I don't have a food processor, additionally their pre washed veggies and pre-cut fruits save me a ton of time!... As do their precooked roasted sweet potatoes, lentils and brussel sprouts. Their frozen Melodious Blend is pretty good if you spice it up! and I cheat with their frozen chili rellenos, reduced guilt mac & cheese, and mini mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches...
  • RealRelicVa
    RealRelicVa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1. wine ( and its good for ya)
    2. grated cheese (they have certain brands of grated the other stores dont)
    3. 21 spice salute (the absolute best low salt spice blend I think)
    4. whole wheat pizza dough
    5. frozen grilled corn (its perfectly seasoned)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    No Trader Joes in Canada. apparently there is a knock off start up called Pirate Joes, but there is a court case around it. Closest TJ to me is in Syracuse, NY - with the current political and economic conditions, not worth the drive.
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh. Add their eggplant hummus to my list...low cal/oil free and so delicious. Great snack to have with their Persian cucumbers!

This is my favorite snack, too! I usually go for the English seedless cucumbers, though.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My every 4 days (give or take) trip to TJ's includes 2 bag of their baby spinach and bananas. Sometimes the cashier will comment on how "healthy" my shopping choices were. I don't let him or her know that next time will very likely include speculoos cookie butter. Someone upthread commented that their cheese was well priced for the quality and I agree. Their frozen cioppino is a favorite too, especially for me to dump into a bunch of shrimp or whatever fish I may have.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cookie butter is, but after reading this thread I will definitely need to find out! I really like Trader Joe's chicken potstickers. Seven pieces are only 200 cal.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So, I eat a serving of the White Cheddar Corn Puffs every night as my snack and I couldn't get through the evening without them! We also LOVE their frozen Mahi Mahi burgers - they are yummy on the grill, served with a tiny bit of tartar sauce and grilled veggies. We eat their single serving salads a lot as well - love the Southwest one and the Mexicali Chicken one, both less than 300 calories each.

Outside of food, I ADORE their flowers! They are always so bright and fresh, and always, always last so much longer than other stores. And their liquor/wine - do not even get me started. I have celiac disease and they have a perfect gluten free vodka, and so, so many different and delicious types of wines. We completely avoid the "Chuck" wines, as they are gross, however :)
  • Shana67
    Options

Mind you, I love this salad, but this just stuck out to me because I eat it at least twice a month and log it so regularly.

Interesting! The package in our store is 280 calories. Interesting and somewhat related story - I used to buy the Asian Noodle one (the specific name escapes me now) because it was also less than 300 calories. Now? It is 500!!! I think that they made the serving size bigger? I dunno, but that was a shock and disappointing because I loved that, and now I won't eat it :(
  • Shana67
    Options
    Oh, and we also love the Dragon Sauce, the chicken and/or beef mini tacos (for football games), and most of their frozen appetizers are YUM. Except I don't eat them (appetizers) much anymore (calories too high), but on a special occasion, like the Super Bowl - we buy a bunch :)