Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Blast a Catfish!

Options

Replies

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    @cabronlobos admit it you counted the words. :p
    @tjiddy are you really surprised? It's like you have radar
    @Monkey_Business have you ever posted a pic here....I'm thinking up ideas
    And @Kasner1975 leave it to a Canadian to sum it up so succinctly...how about a pic of all your snow.

I am more of a lurker. I believe the only current picture I have is my current avatar. Me and cameras have this hate/hate relationship going. As I say in my profile: Pictures can be used as evidence :-)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    s8fq6eaxemeu.jpg

@synchkat My front yard this morning

Holy crap Kaz we have none anymore. I was thinking of finally bagging up my leaves from the fall.
  • synchkat
    Options
    @cabronlobos admit it you counted the words. :p
    @tjiddy are you really surprised? It's like you have radar
    @Monkey_Business have you ever posted a pic here....I'm thinking up ideas
    And @Kasner1975 leave it to a Canadian to sum it up so succinctly...how about a pic of all your snow.

I am more of a lurker. I believe the only current picture I have is my current avatar. Me and cameras have this hate/hate relationship going. As I say in my profile: Pictures can be used as evidence :-)

but what about those dogs? you can always show them off. We like puppies
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I may have gotten caught one time:

15764187.gif
  • synchkat
    Options
    Incase any one is wondering.. I really am Alice in Wonderland :tongue:

I know. You showed me!!! ;)
  • synchkat
    Options
    s8fq6eaxemeu.jpg

Holy crap Kaz we have none anymore. I was thinking of finally bagging up my leaves from the fall.

Ugh.... I can almost hate a person for a statement like that lol. Luckily I'll be packing my bags and leaving this all behind in 3 weeks.

Where are you moving and isn't it nuts how different the weather can be in one province. My parents old house is at the start of snow country so I bet they have lots of snow, well not as much as you though.

and I'm with @Lady_Spartan15 I kind of wish we had some snow brown gross mud is sad to look at
  • synchkat
    Options
    s8fq6eaxemeu.jpg

Ugh.... I can almost hate a person for a statement like that lol. Luckily I'll be packing my bags and leaving this all behind in 3 weeks.

Where are you moving and isn't it nuts how different the weather can be in one province. My parents old house is at the start of snow country so I bet they have lots of snow, well not as much as you though.

and I'm with @Lady_Spartan15 I kind of wish we had some snow brown gross mud is sad to look at

I'm moving down your way to the London/Exeter area.... It's in a snowbelt, but nothing like this kinda cold.

oh nice Kaz...London is a beautiful city and ya they get a difference kind of snow haha
    it's sad when you can qualify different types of snowbelts.
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    ^

Def a catfish.

pydx1jimobi2.gif
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
  • Coloradoex
    Coloradoex Posts: 2,339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I just identified the regulars of this site lol

Hey, guys, I sorta kinda get the whole witch hunt for catfish on social media as a daytime hobbie thing. I get that for some people Internet forums become the backbone of their social life therefore feeling like knowing exactly who the person above them "is" "is" before they rate them becomes vital and somehow validates and substantiates the comments and accolades they receive from strangers. If you know the cute guy below you(I say that not to be conceited but keeping it real) saying you're a 9 is really an actual cute guy saying you're a 9, somehow gives the comment/rating more weight for you and your esteem. But let's step back a second. I've been on here less than 24 hours. I've made about 10 posts that were fairly benign and non specific. If you want to know, I'm just a regular person bored at work looking to shed a few pounds after new year who google searches weight loss and came upon this site. Of the people "demanding" photos above, I've had absolutely no interaction. Which brings me to the question, how does my publishing a photo of myself holding some prescipted sign have any impact on your life? I would "get it" had we formed some sort of relationship or emotional connection that could lead to distress or heart ache...but fact is that we haven't. If you are convinced I'm a catfish (which implies I'm attempting form a romantic relationship with you...which I'm not and have not to set record straight)...then why not just avoid me?? I'm a bit perplexed by the outpouring of photo demands. Beyond being just flat out weird considering my limited and fairly typical activity (at least from what i have observed in this forum), I find the demand to actually be invasive of my privacy. Not everyone wants to inundate the Internet with selfies after all. So I'll put it back on you..the forum folks aka the frequenters of the mfp fun and games thread demanding photos whom I don't even know...how does me publishing this photo impact YOUR life and fitness journey personally on this weight loss site? If you can explain, I would be consider publishing your photo. Otherwise, sorry dude but I don't owe you *kitten* lol.

If I form some kind of Intimate and meaningful relationship with you, I'm more than willing to share my personal life. Rest of you, I don't know you from Adam.

Have a great night!

TLDNR (at least all of it)

I think you are over thinking this whole thread. You may have not noticed, but this is in the "Fun & Games" portion of the forums. Most of the banter is just that, fun and games. There are many threads on MFP that are for the more serious minded. If some one here requested a photo of you, it just meant that they wanted you to add to the humor. Congratulations! You got invited to really unique set of people who are dedicated to living a healthy life, but also have an unbelievable sense of humor.

Guess the invite was not welcome.

giphy.gif
  • Coloradoex
    Coloradoex Posts: 2,339 Member
    Options
    s8fq6eaxemeu.jpg

What!? It's raining here. Yesterday I wore a t-shirt.

It's only -25C this morning. Not too bad

giphy.gif
  • synchkat
    Options
    We need some fun pictures.. Who's a good sport we can blast???