Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Blast a Catfish!

Options

Replies

• Coloradoex
    Coloradoex Posts: 2,339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I just identified the regulars of this site lol

Hey, guys, I sorta kinda get the whole witch hunt for catfish on social media as a daytime hobbie thing. I get that for some people Internet forums become the backbone of their social life therefore feeling like knowing exactly who the person above them "is" "is" before they rate them becomes vital and somehow validates and substantiates the comments and accolades they receive from strangers. If you know the cute guy below you(I say that not to be conceited but keeping it real) saying you're a 9 is really an actual cute guy saying you're a 9, somehow gives the comment/rating more weight for you and your esteem. But let's step back a second. I've been on here less than 24 hours. I've made about 10 posts that were fairly benign and non specific. If you want to know, I'm just a regular person bored at work looking to shed a few pounds after new year who google searches weight loss and came upon this site. Of the people "demanding" photos above, I've had absolutely no interaction. Which brings me to the question, how does my publishing a photo of myself holding some prescipted sign have any impact on your life? I would "get it" had we formed some sort of relationship or emotional connection that could lead to distress or heart ache...but fact is that we haven't. If you are convinced I'm a catfish (which implies I'm attempting form a romantic relationship with you...which I'm not and have not to set record straight)...then why not just avoid me?? I'm a bit perplexed by the outpouring of photo demands. Beyond being just flat out weird considering my limited and fairly typical activity (at least from what i have observed in this forum), I find the demand to actually be invasive of my privacy. Not everyone wants to inundate the Internet with selfies after all. So I'll put it back on you..the forum folks aka the frequenters of the mfp fun and games thread demanding photos whom I don't even know...how does me publishing this photo impact YOUR life and fitness journey personally on this weight loss site? If you can explain, I would be consider publishing your photo. Otherwise, sorry dude but I don't owe you *kitten* lol.

If I form some kind of Intimate and meaningful relationship with you, I'm more than willing to share my personal life. Rest of you, I don't know you from Adam.

Have a great night!

Lost interest 3 lines in....

zg8Vz_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=cheezburger&i=cheezburger-ent&l=search&f=.gif
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    @thedcubed1 come show us your charming face. Post a pic saying happilymegan is the bomb.com :D

See... I'm totes a catfish... Minus the whiskers... I'm an Asian catfish...

wrj6bf1933ba.jpg
  • Coloradoex
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I had to pay the girl I'm pretending to be :p
    Coloradoex wrote: »
    Now I need @happilymegan to post a pic saying "I <3 Coloradoex" & "I believe".

ya6jg51pzg5q.jpg

This is my new background on my iPad. :#
  • Coloradoex
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm @tjiddy you don't look like your profile pic anymore. How about a pic stating you're Kat's fish. ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    tztcsciau0fn.jpg

Case any of you suck-ahs thought I was real! Ha. Sign proves it.

Nicest catfish eyes doh...
  • synchkat
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Hmmmm @tjiddy you don't look like your profile pic anymore. How about a pic stating you're Kat's fish. ;)

I couldn't find a pen...so here's a selfie

y9snybnm1o3d.jpg

OMG those eyes!
    you're so hot can we be friends?
  • synchkat
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Yes @lstrat115 and since we are here, I am gonna need you to prove that you aren't a catfish :heart:

bzo5pg1rjk8m.jpg

I can't prove that I'm not a catfish, but I can prove I have a nice banana ;)

I love this. Awesome
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    @PlaydohPants @synchkat
    Thanks, ladies! I really hate my face being all big on here. I almost rather let people think I am a catfish.
    @kace_kay You want some? ;)

Would have been more true to the pp if you were riding that banana :o
  • kikibelle86
    kikibelle86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread ever.
  • Coloradoex
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I had to pay the girl I'm pretending to be :p
    Now I need @happilymegan to post a pic saying "I <3 Coloradoex" & "I believe".

ya6jg51pzg5q.jpg

This is my new background on my iPad. :#

I'm not sure if that's creepy or not :D:*

I'm ok with it being creepy. ;)

• mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am old but I am not getting this lol I take it you don't mean the actual fish lol