Walking into winter

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I am getting a good idea of what to put together. I think finding a good pair of shoes and accessories will be easy to find locally. We have an abundance of outdoor gear retailers. However, I'm currently wearing a 3x pants and 2x shirt. Where are good places to find outdoor wear in plus sizes? I like the idea of running gear too. If I ever get used these hills I'll do a C25K again. Inexpensive would be even better since I plan on wearing a much smaller size next winter, maybe even by spring.

I keep going back and forth over whether to get a gym membership. There are only two gyms within ten miles of my house, both Anytime Fitness and $35 a month according to their website. I had a gym membership in Vegas for $12 a month for a gym that had an indoor track and pool. Since I have a weight set in my spare bedroom, $35 to just walk on a treadmill seems incredibly steep to me. I'm also thinking if it's too nasty to walk, why would I want to get in my car and drive somewhere?

TeaBea wrote: »
    I live in the mid-west. Snow & ice. I don't trust myself to walk in that kind of weather (excuses, excuses) so my winter go to is "walking videos."

They have lots of these on YouTube - Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith. A walking video is low impact aerobics without the choreography. Not dancing, and no moves to learn or count......you just move (quickly).
    I will have to check these out for those raining sideways days. I do yoga videos off YouTube occasionally.

@cmriverside. I am absolutely terrified of skiiing! It was easy to get out of it since skiing wasn't that popular in Vegas. It seems to be a way of life here though. I am interested in trying snow shoeing and fat biking, so I may just have to work my way up to skiing.

hahaha. I'm totes with you. I am a warm weather girl. Even though I lived at the base of Heavenly (big ski resort) I only tried it one time, did my little trip down the bunny hill then headed for the warm lodge - where they served hot chocolate with peppermint Scnapps. Or brandy in coffee...not sure what my poison was that day. :lol:

I was working as a blackjack dealer and saw all the casualties in casts and braces. I couldn't afford to be off work!