Shakeology

Options
Anyone doing replacing a meal with a shakeology? Have you been successful? What's your diet like throughout the day with the shakeology? I'm interested in trying it! Thanks!

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Not knocking shakes/juices or anything, but I've noticed this has come back up in recent time. I know "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" being on Netflix started up the Juice diets again, but what has brought back the shake craze?

Honestly curious.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Some people where I work have done this. I guess there's an exercise program that goes along with it that they seem to like. Personally the shakes and the different color food containers all seem like too much work for me. Also, I am that rare bird that really loathes any kind of milkshake--no matter how well or poorly it's made.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Some people where I work have done this. I guess there's an exercise program that goes along with it that they seem to like. Personally the shakes and the different color food containers all seem like too much work for me. Also, I am that rare bird that really loathes any kind of milkshake--no matter how well or poorly it's made.

The workouts are pretty good. Fun and largely hit the large muscle groups. They are the main reason I got into fitness.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you want to poop yourself order some
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    nppham wrote: »
    Anyone doing replacing a meal with a shakeology? Have you been successful? What's your diet like throughout the day with the shakeology? I'm interested in trying it! Thanks!

I started on it a couple weeks ago. So far I am liking the product as it does really fill me up & my cravings for junk have waned. It is very pricey, but for the moment am giving it a go. I do like the workouts that come with the program. It's nice to be able to workout whenever and wherever I am (travel a lot for work.) As for taste, it's not awesome but I don't know if any protein shakes are?

I'd be curious to here from somebody who's been on it for awhile. Not sure if it's a fad or if ppl stick with the program long term.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sjwozniak wrote: »

I started on it a couple weeks ago. So far I am liking the product as it does really fill me up & my cravings for junk have waned. It is very pricey, but for the moment am giving it a go. I do like the workouts that come with the program. It's nice to be able to workout whenever and wherever I am (travel a lot for work.) As for taste, it's not awesome but I don't know if any protein shakes are?

I'd be curious to here from somebody who's been on it for awhile. Not sure if it's a fad or if ppl stick with the program long term.
    This is interesting. Does your food (or one meal per day) have to (as in, the benefits outweigh the costs - money, taste, nutrition, convenience, practical) be in the form of a shake?
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options

i do shakes asa meal replacement. all of the ones i use i add a little fruit and coco water as mix. taste is great, especially the salted caramel, little banana and coco water, it is better than ice cream, for me. i like the feeling of not eating heavy b4 working out, but yet fills me up! GNC has so many depending on your needs. i keep about 3 handy for different reasons!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options

This is interesting. Does your food (or one meal per day) have to (as in, the benefits outweigh the costs - money, taste, nutrition, convenience, practical) be in the form of a shake?

food does not have to be in a shake form, but i like it. great meal but not any heaviness. some nutrition i would not get elsewhere. different strokes for different folks. great we can all choose what we like and make it work!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options

agreed!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    $17.88 a Month for six star Protein shakes at walmart been using them for years and the taste is great Chocolate peanut butter. Whey Protein without all the Hype.. I typically drink one everyday with Milk for breakfast as Insurance just in case I have a day where I'm super busy and dinner or lunch gets skipped my Protein is still where it needs to be daily.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to make delicious, nutritious protein shakes at home for far less money. I'm one of those people who isn't hungry until later in the day so I often replace breakfast and/or lunch with a shake. But not this overpriced MLM garbage.
  • fancyfro
    fancyfro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eh, 21 Day Fix is one of the two programs I've tried in the last year. Between the shakes and the meal plan I actually gained about 7lbs. I supposed it was too high in protein for me?
    Truthfully, I didn't find the shake to be worth the money. I had the cafe latte shake and it was good (curbed my sugar craving) but it was a little...counterproductive.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Like another poster said, it is great we can all choose what works for each of us