Menopause

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    There is also a group for this, although it isn't particularly active ...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • clsmith_1
    clsmith_1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hello ladies, I am in full blown menopause
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    clsmith, I am also in full blown menopause and had lost a good deal of weight over the past (almost) 2 months. I wasn't even very overweight to begin with. I have had some struggles over the past few years with weight loss and being in menopause but what it boiled down to was that I was not being strict on my tracking and was probably eating more than I should. Used to be I could lose on 1700 calories so when I tried it again, it didn't work.

How many calories are you eating per day. What his your current weight/height, etc.
  • clsmith_1
    Options
    Cmnva, sorry for the late reply. My daily calories is 1200 sltbought I am usually under., I weight 186, I am 5' 7" or 8"... i am not sure what the issue is. The only thing I can think of is menopause has me stagnate. I am walking and exercising daily.
  • clsmith_1
    Options
    I've been fit my whole life. I turned 50 last year and started to experience very easy weight gain. I haven't changed my diet much. I eat pretty clean. I cheat occasionally. I work out six days a week, yet the weight is continuing to pile on. Does anyone have any advice for how to take off weight during menopause?

Yes I do...
  • clsmith_1
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »
    clsmith, I am also in full blown menopause and had lost a good deal of weight over the past (almost) 2 months. I wasn't even very overweight to begin with. I have had some struggles over the past few years with weight loss and being in menopause but what it boiled down to was that I was not being strict on my tracking and was probably eating more than I should. Used to be I could lose on 1700 calories so when I tried it again, it didn't work.

How many calories are you eating per day. What his your current weight/height, etc.

I am 49 turning 50 in March