Replies

• itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How about that! Must admit I'm choked up too at that story! How wonderful he said! Do the same to others, now you know how great it feels, I do, as I realise people see themselves as harshly as we see ourselves! And congratulations!
  • Lets_Get_Healthy_Baby
    Options
    Go ahead and do that thang gurl, whoop! whoop!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    that is such a cool NSV :flowerforyou:
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good job. Are you married? Holla!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm still a bit in shock from this...

I go to a shadowboxing class at my gym every Tuesday night. I'm the only overweight person in the class, and I always stand in the back so that I don't have to worry about people looking at how out of shape I am, how unable I am to do some of the movements, etc.

I've been taking the class (and working with a trainer) since January, during which time I've lost 45 lbs, but I'm still very much overweight. There's a super-fit (like something in a fitness magazine) guy in the class, and tonight he looked at me out of the blue as we were waiting for class to begin and said "You look better and better every single week. You are really doing great!"

I'm definitely going to bed with a smile

Am posting this mainly because I thought it might provide a little motivation to others who still appear fat and still feel like they don't really belong in the gym. And, OK, because I wanted to brag a little. I admit it. :smokin:

What does "NSV" mean?
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love it. Made me think of something I saw recently. It can be taken somewhat condescendingly, but I prefer to look at it as a positive motivational thing. Not that I think of you as a "fatty" ar from it. I find your workouts and food diary inspirational.

To the fatty running on the Westview track this afternoon: http://i.imgur.com/6jEWN.png

Love this, thank for sharing. Here is a similar story that I like to refer to and refer my friends to

http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html
  • daniellemm1
    Options
    I wish there was a badge or ring or special handshake. Everyone starts at the beginning, and everyone at the gym is the same: they are there to work out and be fit.

YES, we definately need something to signify how far we have come :)
  • daniellemm1
    Options
    [/quote]

What does "NSV" mean?
    [/quote]

Non scale victory!!
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    Awesome, what a lovely boost :)
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I work with a super fit woman too and on Monday she stopped me. "How much weight have you lost? I am enjoying watching your success!"

That was a good day. I hope I can get to the same place you are at. I would love to see such a huge weight loss behind me.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! I also got a little teary!! It really goes to show that sometimes we are the ONLY ones who don't see our awesome progress because our focus is on the end result!!

Keep on truckin!!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Now, how motivational is that!!! HELL YEAH!!!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    This story just made my day :flowerforyou: I've had a similar thing to happen to me and it's a fabulous feeling!!
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the NSV! Great job! I love shadowboxing....but I have some videos that I do from home.
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's really a great feeling.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    congrats :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Freakin' awesome!! I have had things like this happen at the gym at it is the best feeling...even better than buying new pants!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great story! I love positive people! Good for him, for letting you know he's noticed your success, but mostly good for YOU!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!