Options
Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
Pros? Cons?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think Brazilian wax, I think of Americas Next Top Model where one of the contestants got into detail about them, including the proper positions. It amuses me 10+ years later.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No cons. I will never shave again. The very thought of stubble makes me chafe. :s

Waxing is really not that painful, only the first time can be uncomfortable. And they have numbing cream, if you're really that worried. It can be cost-prohibitive though, so I suppose that could be considered a con.
  • Angela937
    Options
    I've never had one, but I'm tired of shaving every few days. A Brazilian is suppose to last 3-6 weeks, right?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    IndyFitJoe wrote: »
    Sorry, I prefer a razor....

:o
    Pretty much this. I do want to buy an electric razor because I keep cutting my arms and the back of my knees.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Depends on the individual, but about that. I can get away with 6-8 weeks with light maintenance at home. An epilator is a great investment.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    It hurt really bad the first time, but after that it was much more tolerable. Go somewhere that truly knows what they're doing; I go to a spa. It can be pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    It hurt really bad the first time, but after that it was much more tolerable. Go somewhere that truly knows what they're doing; I go to a spa. It can be pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.

All of this.

I went at it a little differently; I started waxing just my bikini line with home wax kits in high school. Then I gradually worked further in each time I re-waxed, until there was just an airstrip. And that was hardly any trouble to wax off. The nether-most bits I shaved, until I went to a salon and had everything waxed all at once (sorry for TMI, you did ask :p ). But since I got into it so gradually, it was never some huge scary painful ordeal.
  • Angela937
    Options
    Go somewhere that truly knows what they're doing; I go to a spa. It can be pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.

How do I know if they know what they're doing?
  • Angela937
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Why not skip Brazilian wax, razor for a while and save for a laser?

Bc I'd have to be hairy for way to long!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    Go somewhere that truly knows what they're doing; I go to a spa. It can be pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.

How do I know if they know what they're doing?
    Look online for reviews and maybe ask some coworkers.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The things I worry about are: ingrown hair when it grows back and somehow catching an infection at the salon. Can someone say stuff to ease my worries? It does seem better than shaving if it doesn't lead to ingrown hair. Do you exfoliate between appointments. How do you exfoliate. Sorry for these personal questions. Thanks in advance to anyone that answers. Also thank you Angela for asking the question.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Great info!! Thanks!
  • _Cranky
    _Cranky Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just don't use Nair on them lady parts.
    What was supposed to be a sexy and intimate time with my gf turned into a horrifying and #$%Q%Q painful experience.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'll never go back to shaving. I get zero ingrown hairs, it's ultra smooth for longer, and I can go 4-5 weeks between waxes.

Find a place that uses hard wax. Meaning no strips. Just the wax. Get your own after shave. I use a spray I got on Amazon called luxxx I think.

I know people complain about how it hurts, but I can't help you there. I enjoy some types of pain, seek them out, and my tolerance isn't the same as other people's. So my perception isn't going to be like yours probably.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I think I might do the at home laser.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Why not skip Brazilian wax, razor for a while and save for a laser?

My laser can't be used on private areas (the pink) but of course can be used, on the Bermuda triangle, since it's the same type of skin, as is on the legs, etc. & thus I still have to use a razor!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I'll never go back to shaving. I get zero ingrown hairs, it's ultra smooth for longer, and I can go 4-5 weeks between waxes.

Find a place that uses hard wax. Meaning no strips. Just the wax. Get your own after shave. I use a spray I got on Amazon called luxxx I think.

I know people complain about how it hurts, but I can't help you there. I enjoy some types of pain, seek them out, and my tolerance isn't the same as other people's. So my perception isn't going to be like yours probably.

I am a sissy, when it comes to physical pain; so no waxing for me!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think I might do the at home laser.

I haven't used my Tria, which cost $500.00 consistently because it takes hours, since it's just a small circle & bodies're vast! It'd take nearly 6 hours, to do my entire body because of having to charge it; several times! So far I have mini patches, that won't regrow but you'll have to tolerate letting it regrow enough, to view if it's working or not & you must wash/shave before using it. I plan to just use it on 1 body part, until the sessions're over (every 2 weeks, for 6 weeks; so 12 weeks for each region); Hopefully then, I'll be able to do it; to completion because otherwise, it's just been easier; to shave! As for the expense, it'll cost less; than a lifetime's worth of razors/gel but they did offer a payment plan!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I do not use waxes or razor ...... guess I am just old school :-)