Protien Shakes - Dare I ask?

2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    100 g of protein is fine. It's what I aim for (I'm 125, 5'3).

For post-workout, if you are doing cardio what's usually recommended is 4-1 carbs to protein to help recover, although if you are eating a meal not terribly long before or after it won't matter. (Meal timing doesn't really matter, but my understanding is that it can help with recovery after hard cardio/endurance stuff and that having some protein near in time -- before or after -- weights can help build muscle if one otherwise has issues (as with older people), so as I'm female and not young I do make sure I have some protein around that time, usually from a regular meal afterwards.)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    moesis wrote: »
    What MFP shows for a daily recommended protein intake is incorrect. If you search online, calculators, like this one, exist to give you an idea of what your protein intake should be.

Everyone needs a different amount of protein. If you have lost 50+ pounds over the last year, you are pretty close to the sweet spot for you body's need.

To be fair I think it is based on what you tell it your goals are when you set up your account.