Opinions on Shakeology?

Options
Is this product worth investing in or is it better to just stick to making your own smoothies and what not?
Both success wise and financially speaking?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Is this product worth investing in or is it better to just stick to making your own smoothies and what not?

Save your money
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    saupload_budlight.jpg
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Save your money

This...
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The only people who will tell you that it's worth it to buy this garbage is those people who sell it and want to make some money off of you.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    And the poll is in! lol, alright, thanks for answering, you guys. =]
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    We can't have a Shakeology post without drama, it's against the rules....
  • CooperSprings
    Options

lol! i'm guessing my question is not a new one.
    it's too hot for drama! lol
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

lol! i'm guessing my question is not a new one.
    it's too hot for drama! lol

That's not how this board works. We need the supporters to come talk about all of the vitamins you can only get from a shake and not from normal food! :)
  • CooperSprings
    Options
    I went to join a challenge and the lady said she was one of those coaches and I was like... ohhh... wtf is shakeology. And why can't i just do a challenge without all that extra stuff? I hate getting spammed from every direction now adays. If it was a decent product I wouldn't mind, but i've noticed that it does nothing food won't, as long as you choose things properly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    One isn't investing in it. In any MLM, the MAJORITY of the money that upline makes is from the "newbies" who overpay for product. Can one be successful? Of course, but like dieting, only a small percentage sustain.
    Save your money. For $120, you can get a good amount of food for a week instead of one shake a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    One isn't investing in it. In any MLM, the MAJORITY of the money that upline makes is from the "newbies" who overpay for product. Can one be successful? Of course, but like dieting, only a small percentage sustain.
    Save your money. For $120, you can get a good amount of food for a week instead of one shake a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Is it really $120 a week???
  • CooperSprings
    Options
    I believe it is about 120 for a month's worth of one shake a day.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Oh ok, that's still ridiculous, definitely don't waste your money. Just figure out your TDEE and your macros and fit foods into your daily calories and macros and that's all you need, don't pay any money for some system that will deprive you of tasty food.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The only people who will tell you that it's worth it to buy this garbage is those people who sell it and want to make some money off of you.

Exactly this.
  • Lyadeia
    Options

Yeah, that's the price for one bag, and each bag has 30 servings. If you are one of those people who for some reason has 2 or more shakes a day, then this could easily mean $240 a month on shakes that you still need to buy more ingredients for to be palatable (most people mix it with some sort of milk, whether it is cow's, soy, or almond) and then dump in fruits. So in reality, the total cost of the "meal" is much more than just the $120 bag of powder.
  • Eliminatelazy1211
    Eliminatelazy1211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i dont sell shakeology or any of the beachbody products but i LOVE shakeology them both. personally shakeology gave me a ton of enerhy without caffeine and it helped me stay full longer. plus having the chocolate one made me not binge on actual chocolate when i was craving it. do what you want but i sufggest at least getting a month of it.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    The reality with Shakeology, Isagenix, etc is you will lose weight if you follow their plan. The problem occurs after you stop their plan and eat normal food again.
  • hollynikolle
    hollynikolle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started taking Alive Soy Ultra Shake last week. I did some research online and the Alive is very similar to Shakeology with the ingredients. It's less than $25 for 26 servings on Amazon. I get the vanilla and mix it with almond milk & some type of frozen fruit. I've also tried it with banana and PB2 and it was amazing!! Here's a link to the item on amazon :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006LCQHS/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    dont drink your food.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I started taking Alive Soy Ultra Shake last week. I did some research online and the Alive is very similar to Shakeology with the ingredients. It's less than $25 for 26 servings on Amazon. I get the vanilla and mix it with almond milk & some type of frozen fruit. I've also tried it with banana and PB2 and it was amazing!! Here's a link to the item on amazon :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006LCQHS/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title

And it's a bonus that you don't have to order through an MLM salesperson. Nice find.