slimming world has made me want to starve

Options
Getawayfromthecake
Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
i decided to delete my post but i couldn't figure out how so i've had to edit instead

Replies

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Sorry I gave up reading about 8 lines in but really the crux is you have an 11 week old, be a bit kinder to yourself

It takes a while for pregnancy hormones to leave the body ...and during that time some people experience more difficulty in losing weight

Take a deep breath and go for a walk

There's only a few people who's opinions in the world matter ...a slimming world "consultant" is simply not one of them

DITTO, COME HOME TO MFP!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I couldn't get past the part that pasta and potatoes are free so eat unlimited? You read this in SW??!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Options
    thanks guys i know the post is long but i needed to vent. i know mfp is the way forward but i still feel i dont want them to win
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, unlimited pasta? I'd be gaining 4lbs a week.

Ditch Slimming World. Log your food on MFP. Cut yourself some slack, you just made a human!!!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Options
    Yep it's part of your 'free' foods which you can eat unlimited... yet you can only have 45g of fibre and limited milk. they got very defensive when i questioned it
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I read all of your post and I agree with the advice above. If it were me, I'd not be going back to Slimming World - why subject yourself to that?! - (and I wouldn't be caring what they thought of me!). I'd spend what I'd save in weekly subs on a decent weighing scales so I could motivate myself with my own weekly weigh-ins. I'd log in here on MFP, not worry about eating potatoes and pasta that I wouldn't normally eat, and take it from there. Don't be so tough on yourself - new babies are hard work!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i know the post is long but i needed to vent. i know mfp is the way forward but i still feel i dont want them to win

In what way don't you want them to 'win'?

Why not focus on you, not them?
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Options

In what way don't you want them to 'win'?

Why not focus on you, not them?

I know it's counter productive, but the way I was treated was so horrible I was so humiliated and I guess I want the chance to be able to leave with some pride. I know I shouldnt care.
  • skinnyfitmella
    skinnyfitmella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you structure your post in parts with some distance between new thoughts I could read it.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is living well. Remove that kind of poison from your life and embrace things that empower you. MFP gives you the tools to help empower yourself. For free I might add :)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are some comedy sketches about a slimming consultant like yours. The British comedian David Walliams (who performs with Matt Lucas) created a character called Marjorie Dawes. She is insensitive and foolish in equal measure!