Do you have a Fitbit ?

Options
Which one do you have? What do you like and dislike about it? I'm looking into buying a blaze or Fitbit charge 2. Just really want to compare the different kinds before choosing.

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. I love it. It is not a wrist worn tracker (wich is the main thing I like about it.) I wear it clipped to my bra. I have found it to be very accurate. It does not have a heart rate monitor if you are looking for that, but I don't really need a hrm.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I wear a charge HR on my wrist. The calorie burn for workouts seems to be spot on in terms of fat burn vs. cardio vs. peak. The calorie estimates needed per day are way too high though, I stay within my daily calorie goal (mostly) vs. the extra 400-500 cals Fitbit says I can eat/day. The best part is the interactive daily challenges with other users. Work week hustles, Weekend Warriors, etc. Being on the bottom half of the challenge participants gets me moving.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    No I do not have a Fitbit.

As the parent of a teenager, I'm being told I should get a Fitbit or a Garmin.
  • ciwatkins
    ciwatkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip and it clips onto my clothes usually my pants or bra. It is tiny and gives me good step data bit nothing else so may upgrade one of these days. Have had it for 5+ years and love it as it keeps me motivated to keep going.
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and love it. I find it really motivating and it tracks my calories burnt throughout the day and also during workout sessions. Couldn't be without it now :)
  • brandyroberts9544
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Alta and I love love it❤️. It is small and the bands are interchangeable so I can change the style of it. I had a Fitbit hr charge, and went to the Alta. The charge would track my heart rate but it was large and the bands are not interchangeable. I do not mind that I no longer have a hrm because of the style of the alta.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Blaze here and I enjoy it. It is a bit large so I would try it one before you buy. The heart rate monitor is great and it can overlay on my Runtastic map of my run. Its fun to see how the hills increase the rate. Sleep tracking also is interesting, before I had it I had no idea I was only sleeping soundly 4 to 5 hours a night.
  • edixon127
    edixon127 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have an alta and it's okay. I like it, but I had problems with the original wrist band (hint: it's easy to unhook-- my first one fell off on a roller coaster :'( ) I replaced the band with some aftermarket ones from Amazon and it's much better. Other than that though, it's a good motivator and I like being able to track my sleep as well as my steps!
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Have a fitbit one. Tried a fitbit charge.

Fitbit one has long battery life, and counts steps relatively accurately. CAn be worn discretely
    Fitbit charge has a veyr very short battery life, counts steps crazy high (20-30% higher than the One) and you're stuck with wrist wearing.
  • TGTiger
    TGTiger Posts: 265 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Surge. I like it and has been helpful. I am waiting for it to break though so I have an excuse to buy the Blaze.
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR for over 7 months now and absolutely love it. It is great for motivation and tracking.
    I went and bought the Charge HR 2 a few days ago but had to return it for several reasons, first the charge 2 was not developed for Windows phones and you need to have windows 10 on your computer to sync it also. But besides that it an awesome tracker and recommend it to anyone. The customer service is also the best.
  • wwkwag
    wwkwag Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit and I love it. No need to charge it every day. Just change the batteries out once a year.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mine *kitten* the bed but I just bought the Fitbit Charge 2.
  • crawforgarten
    crawforgarten Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and love it. I particularly like it's silent vibrating alarm function. It wakes me up, reminds me that it's time to start bedtime routine, and if I have been sitting at my desk for a while, it let's me know to get up and walk around.

The only thing I dislike is that I fear water getting on it. I'm not sure why, but I always take it off when washing dishes or giving my kids a bath.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Blaze....absolutely love. I set the workout feature for my classes, use the run feature for my pace. Like the heart rate monitor on it, accurate. I also like that you don't have to push a button to see the screens like the Charge HR I had. You just move your wrist and it lights up and is touch screen. I'm a huge fan.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and love it !
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    frankie671 wrote: »
    I have a Charge HR and love it. I find it really motivating and it tracks my calories burnt throughout the day and also during workout sessions. Couldn't be without it now :)

Me either. I have the Charge Hr but really hoping that for Xmas I get the HR2!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a Blaze and I don't love it, nor do I hate it.

However, now that I've had it for a few months, I wish I spent the extra hundred or so dollars on an Apple watch (or some other smart watch).

My Pros:
    • I like the heart rate monitor (even if I don't entirely trust it).
    • I like that I can semi-control my music when I am walking or running.
    • I like the style (though the screen is a little small. It seems to hold a charge really well (a couple days).
    • I have big wrists to the style looks okay on me.

My Cons:
    • The blaze is good at doing what it does, but it doesn't do what it doesn't do (and there's a lot that it doesn't do). For instance, my wife's Apple watch has RunKeeper running on it. My Blaze wont do that. I'd like more apps (like weather)
    • Additionally I wouldn't mind if there were better alerting systems. Sometimes I don't even feel the vibration alerts on the Blaze.
    • The watch faces are limited, and I haven't found one that I really like.
    • It's also come under some scrutiny in terms of the accuracy of it's heart rate monitor, especially during high intensity cardio activity.

If you just want a pedometer, watch and a couple of other fitness features, you can save a little money with the Blaze. If you're thinking of it as a smart watch option, I'd just get a proper smartwatch.
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I really like it but I got it last year for Christmas and am currently on my 3rd one. The rubber started peeling on the first one and the sensor just completely stopped working on the 2nd one. The Charge 2 might be better about that.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a fitbit flex 2 because all I mostly care about is steps and all of the wrist ones weren't accurate. My arms aren't always swinging, I'm usually holding my daughters hand, carrying coffee, pushing a cart etc. This one is nice because you can wear it as a necklace or a wrist band, and I think there's things that let you clip it to your bra.

I have a Samsung Gear S2 for everything else (heart rate, controlling music, receiving texts, answering/ignoring calls etc).