80 pounds lost! After a setback, it's good to remind myself of the progress I've made!

Options
2»

Replies

• notakumquat
    notakumquat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    llbrixon wrote: »
    You are doing so good! Keep up the awesome work! You look great!

Thanks!
    You are doing great! You can and will overcome this setback, no problem!

Thanks so much!
    elleelle03 wrote: »
    you look great! you are an inspiration! Don't give up, you can do this

Aw, thanks! :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Boy oh boy do we have a lot in common! You must feel amazing and you look phenomenal congrats!!!
  • notakumquat
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Boy oh boy do we have a lot in common! You must feel amazing and you look phenomenal congrats!!!

I do feel great! I can barely remember how I felt before, but it really truly feels like a dream now. :) Thanks!
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome,
    I can totally relate to the list of changes.
    I am 5'3" and was morbidly obese too.
    I still have a long way to go, but just by loosing the 66 pounds I lost makes a HUGE difference in my day to day.
    Keep up the good job, You look great!!!!!!!!!!!
  • notakumquat
    Options
    sisxena wrote: »
    Awesome,
    I can totally relate to the list of changes.
    I am 5'3" and was morbidly obese too.
    I still have a long way to go, but just by loosing the 66 pounds I lost makes a HUGE difference in my day to day.
    Keep up the good job, You look great!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, and congratulations on your own loss!!!! :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!! You look great!!
  • notakumquat
    Options
    smkondy wrote: »
    Fantastic results!! You look great!!

Thanks so much! :)
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • trsttg
    trsttg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look so happy!

What were your symptoms that led you to discover the dairy allergy? Just curious.
  • notakumquat
    Options
    FitRoberta wrote: »
    Congratulations! You look great!

Thanks so much!
    trsttg wrote: »
    You look so happy!

What were your symptoms that led you to discover the dairy allergy? Just curious.

I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but none of the meds even touched the pain. I also had unexplained inflammation (the rheumatologist told me "sometimes people just have inflammation and we don't know why") that was helped with anti-inflammatories. Steroids made the pain go away completely (in a larger dose to accommodate my weight as the standard dose is based on an adult that weighs 150), but no doctor wanted to prescribe them on a semi-permanent or permanent basis due to the brain damage that can result. My rheumatologist had pretty much given up and so had I. I was walking with a cane at that point and was at a 7 on the pain scale (1-10 with 10 being the worst) on most days, with spikes up to a 9. I could barely function, and even my desk job was too much for me and I was looking into the process to claim disability.

I randomly came across an article of someone who had a dairy allergy that manifested in Fibromyalgia-type symptoms, so I decided "why not?" and made a plan to cut out all dairy for 2 weeks and see how I felt. I had nothing to lose. TWO DAYS later, my pain was completely gone. It was absolutely magical. I was so emotional and, honestly, angry at that point, since I had lived 30 years of my life in incredible amounts of pain because of something so simple.

To this day, I still have leftover cognitive issues, due to the fact that I literally poisoned myself for 30 years of my life. I'll regularly forget things, especially words, and occasionally how to do something that I've been doing my entire life. One time my brain shut down and I forgot how to sit down. I stood in my office, just looking at my chair, trying to figure out how to get from a standing position into a sitting one. I think I stood there for a solid 2 minutes until it cleared. I don't notice it most days, since I'm so used to it, but it's further proof of how serious the issue actually was.

That said, I consider myself incredibly lucky that I figured it out on my own. If I hadn't come across that random article on the internet, I would still be in the same boat I was before and my life would be completely different.
  • KatVonTrees
    KatVonTrees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Holy toledo!!! Congratulations!
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and heart breaking story! Our health system fails so many people, and so many people give up like you almost did. Thank God you were led to that article and decided to do something! You saved yourself!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You have done an AMAZING job!
  • notakumquat
    Options
    Holy toledo!!! Congratulations!

Thanks so much! :)
    What an amazing and heart breaking story! Our health system fails so many people, and so many people give up like you almost did. Thank God you were led to that article and decided to do something! You saved yourself!

It feels so surreal to me still, but I do my best to bring awareness to others who may be going through similar issues. Thanks! :)
    PriceK01 wrote: »
    You have done an AMAZING job!

Thank you! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!