What fitness equipment would you suggest investing in?

Options
13»

Replies

• mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have trails near my house that everyone in the family uses for walking or running. And a jump rope.

I have a kettlebell and some dumbells

Yoga mat and bands. Foam roller

All get a lot of use
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The ab carver. You want to work your abs, this is the way to go. Once it starts to get easy, start at a standing position instead of on your knees.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a total gym knockoff that's great for lots of exercises plus a cheap barbell, Golds Gym brand from Walmart, $40. Also a set of adjustable dumbbells 20 lbs each also from Walmart. I buy more weight plates whenever I have the cash. Amazon has stationary bikes pretty cheap. And don't forget the mother of all unused weight equipment...Craigslist!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've already checked Craigslist the cheapest thing was $2700 for an elliptical stepper. I think I will check back next month to see what's available. That's way too expensive even for a used one.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells. I started with an 8(kg), then purchased another 8, progressed to a 12, then a 16, then 20. I don't use the 8 and 12 anymore. Best investment ever!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I've already checked Craigslist the cheapest thing was $2700 for an elliptical stepper. I think I will check back next month to see what's available. That's way too expensive even for a used one.

Wait till April time... everyone buys then in January when they're on a fitness kick, but is sick of them by march/April time!
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I second the doorway chin-up bar. Also, get the ab roller and some standard (1 inch hole) weight plates with a couple dumbbell bars. You might find them used, cheap on Craigslist. I got some old rusty ones. Cleaned, primed and painted them. Now, they're good as new.
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm ready to try those ab rollers just yet. I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to use them and will fall. I don't know if it would be worth the money since i've never used one before.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I don't think I'm ready to try those ab rollers just yet. I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to use them and will fall. I don't know if it would be worth the money since i've never used one before.

You don't have to extend all the way. You can just go as far out as you can, and its cheap. It would also give you a goal to accomplish, building up to a full spread on your knees. You could shoot for the stars from there and eventually do a standing spread from your feet.