Why Am I Not Losing More?

Options
So frustrated today when I see a 1.2 pound loss. I worked very hard at tracking what I ate, how I exercised, counted WW points, drank the water but something is wrong. These are my theories:

-premenopause??
-not working out hard enough
-not eating enough calories
-eating too much fruit

Any ideas?
My plan for now: have more intense workouts and reduce the fruit intake.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    How long between your weigh-ins?
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Dont sweat it, weight loss takes a long time but chances are you are just fooled by the scale. You may be holding onto water weight and thats masking fat loss on the scale
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Dude. I would jump up and down over a 1.2 pound loss.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

^this. If we're talking about 1.2 pounds lost over a week, that's fantastic progress!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    don't reduce your fruit. count it.

if you're ALREADY losing, why change it? If it ain't broke, you don't have anything to fix.... other than patience. Work on that.

Edit, so you're counting WW points, doing BBV... but have only logged a few days on here? You're over complicating it.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

^this. If we're talking about 1.2 pounds lost over a week, that's fantastic progress!

^This^
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing WW doesn't stand for Willard White--may be part of the issue right there...
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wait until you have a week you lose nothing. Take your loss and be thrilled!!!
  • jeremiahma
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I don't care how the tracking system adds in your calories burned (daily exercise), into additional calories that you can consume in that particular day. I have the same weight loss issue as you...can't seem to drop any and just looking for 5-10 lbs. The theory of not eating enough totally scares me! One other theory I have is my sugar intake levels. I have recently quit eating fruits that are what I consider to be high in sugars...even apples are high in sugar! Will let you know if that helps. (Just started to read Sugar Busters by H. Leighton Steward, Morrison Bethea, Sam Andrews and Luis A. Balart).
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I'm guessing WW doesn't stand for Willard White--may be part of the issue right there...

Awesome reference there.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    yeah try not losing anything....or doing what you are doing.....tracking calories, using a scale, etc and still gaining weight smh I would be happy losing 1.2 lbs. That's healthy weight loss!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You didn't put this weight on over night, so the weight not going come off over night!!!! :frown: Be happy!!! Keep doing what you are doing!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If you're honestly looking for opinions on what to change...

pick one method and stick with it. MFP works. Stick with that. You don't have to count WW points, do miracle shakes, cut fruit.. etc.

Just count your calories. everything. weigh your food, log everything. do this for 4.. 5.. 6 weeks or so. At the end of that time, if you're still losing, you're doing something right.

But you've only logged 4 or 5 days in the last month as far as I could see. It isn't that you're doing anything wrong, obviously, if you're losing weight.. but it seems like you're just jumping around from one thing to the next.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

Awesome reference there.

Walter White > Willard White
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to your goal, the slower the loss. If you are within your 'normal weight' for your height, just a 1/2 pound loss is great!

Personally, I gain 2 pounds every month before TOM and I gain about 3 pounds when I start lifting or have sore muscles.

I agree, as long as you are losing, take it as a win. You will go up and down...even when you have a perfect week, your hormones may make you come out a pound up. Just keep being honest w/ your diary. Use a good HR monitor (don't trust what the machines tell you). Make sure you aren't getting too low (I would completely stall and/or gain if my net dropped to 1,000 or less.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to have a lot to lose, so it's going to be slow. One to two pounds a week is health and you should congratulate yourself. When you lose one to two pounds a week you are learning new habits. This being a lifestyle change you want to concentrate on changing habits, being healthy, and not just what the scale says. There may be times where you don't lose anything but your clothes are fitting loser. That's an accomplishment. Don't be so hard on yourself. Revel in the accomplishments.
  • jarellano619
    Options
    I feel your pain! I started back on my plan last week, and after working super hard in the gym and counting everything, eating very healthy I hopped on the scale last night to discover only 1 pound lost. Disappointment doesn't begin to describe it. I have been on this site (off and on) for about 2 years. Last summer I lost nearly 20 lbs just by restricting calories and working out 3-4 times a week. I would look forward to my "weekly weigh in's" and relish in the excitement of a 2 or 3 lb loss. But then there were weeks when I lost only 1 or .5 lbs sometimes even NONE...and I kept pushing through. Eventually I was down 20. I think the important thing to remember is this, counting calories and working out are popular for a reason...IT WORKS!! If you keep doing what you're doing and sticking with it, you're going to lose weight. It's just simple mathematics...calories in vs. calories out. I would also say not to pay too much attention to what the scale says, but focus more on how you are feeling, how your clothes fit, etc. I remember when I lost the weight before I would go weeks without losing anything according to the scale but when I tried on a tight pair of jeans or dress I hadn't worn in while it fit better. Your weight is important but it isn't everything. The scale can't tell the difference between fat, muscle, and water. And it can't tell if you've lost inches. Maybe start tracking measurements in addition to your weight. I know it's tough being patient but just think the slower the weight comes off the more likely it is to stay off.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're complaining about an 1.2 pound loss?! :grumble: You're not losing more because an average of a pound a week is terrific. If you want to lose more go on Biggest Loser, slash your calories, dehydrate, and work out 8 hours a day. Or be happy with your loss and the fact you live in reality.
  • Bellvillian
    Bellvillian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once between weigh ins which are once a week. I am thinking I should weigh myself every morning to keep a better handle on fluctuations.
  • Bellvillian
    Bellvillian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I started back on my plan last week, and after working super hard .... without losing anything according to the scale but when I tried on a tight pair of jeans or dress I hadn't worn in while it fit better. Your weight is important but it isn't everything. The scale can't tell the difference between fat, muscle, and water. And it can't tell if you've lost inches. Maybe start tracking measurements in addition to your weight. I know it's tough being patient but just think the slower the weight comes off the more likely it is to stay off.

Thanks so much for this perspective. It helps!