6 calorie cookie dough bites!

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it will taste like baby food to me. gross.

I have all these ingredients on hand, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and make them today. If its gross I will report it back here.

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

1. They are very small portions for your serving size. About the size of my thumb, and I have small hands.
    2. They are soggy
    3. They weigh 6 grams each bite. I can have REAL cookie dough that size for under 30 calories.
    4. They were COMPLETELY disgusting. I added vanilla stevia just as you suggested as well, and it still didn't help.

Good luck on your journey, OP. :flowerforyou:

edited to add: please seek help for your pro ana/ED beliefs.

a real cookie thats packed full of additives and chemicals and 20 different ingredients half of which you can't even pronounce? It baffles me why people focus so much on calories instead of ingredients and nutrition.

I don't know what cookies you're eating, mine contain:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup packed light-brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips

I can pronounce all of those things, apologies if you can't.

I apologise I stand corrected. I assumed you meant shop bought cookies. But you'd still rather use butter and sugar and white flour? I made some sweet potato brownies today. Not a single unhealthy ingredient and no one in my family even realised they were healthy. There are ways around this problem.
    What is wrong with butter, sugar and white flour?

Ok clearly we are not going to agree on this. Personally I don't see the point in baking with these ingredients when I can make just as tasty a cookies/cakes with healthy ingredients.

Those ingredients aren't unhealthy, there's no good food and bad food, there's just food and portioning.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Can I substitute something for the banana to lower calories further?

cauliflower
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I have all these ingredients on hand, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and make them today. If its gross I will report it back here.

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

1. They are very small portions for your serving size. About the size of my thumb, and I have small hands.
    2. They are soggy
    3. They weigh 6 grams each bite. I can have REAL cookie dough that size for under 30 calories.
    4. They were COMPLETELY disgusting. I added vanilla stevia just as you suggested as well, and it still didn't help.

a real cookie thats packed full of additives and chemicals and 20 different ingredients half of which you can't even pronounce? It baffles me why people focus so much on calories instead of ingredients and nutrition.

Honestly it baffles me that so many people focus on whether they can pronounce something. What on earth does my ability to pronounce a word have to do with whether or not it's good for me? Maybe I'm just ignorant and don't know how to pronounce things correctly.

All I wanna know is, IF most people cannot pronounce my name...does that mean I'm not real? <cuetwilightzonemusic>
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks, looks great!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

I apologise I stand corrected. I assumed you meant shop bought cookies. But you'd still rather use butter and sugar and white flour? I made some sweet potato brownies today. Not a single unhealthy ingredient and no one in my family even realised they were healthy. There are ways around this problem.

Ok clearly we are not going to agree on this. Personally I don't see the point in baking with these ingredients when I can make just as tasty a cookies/cakes with healthy ingredients.

Sweet potatoes have a LOT of sugar. Just saying.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Sounds like crap. really just bad. Talk a walk and have the real thing.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    How do you define what food is healthy and what food is unhealthy?
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

...are you comparing natural sugar to white granulated processed sugar? *face palm*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

All I wanna know is, IF most people cannot pronounce my name...does that mean I'm not real? <cuetwilightzonemusic>

It means you're a chemical or additive. :angry:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

You are studying to be a Dietitian correct? First thing you generally learn is there is no such thing as unhealthy and food can only be healthful not healthy. Also, might want to learn about how to incorporate your client's diet into what can be a moderate and healthful diet. You'll have a difficult time when you have a client on EBT who has to decide between a gallon of milk for their children, a pound of meat to last them the rest of the month, or a bag of sweet potatoes. Best thing to learn is how to incorporate your client's choices into a healthier lifestyle. Just some unsolicited advice.

Oh an another thing youll learn in school is about food chemistry. Those were actually my favorite courses. We forget that only a century ago people were dying from food poisoning, water was undrinkable, and in 1840 Ireland was almost wiped out from a horrible potato famine. The advancement of food chemistry and science has helped to increase lifespans world wide.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can pronounce really complicated words. It's one of my many talents.

Not sure how that's relevant to this topic...

...but apparently...

...at least to some people...

...it is.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

what's unhealthy about butter and sugar and white flour? Like most foods, quantity is relevant.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

...are you comparing natural sugar to white granulated processed sugar? *face palm*

Is this a model of sucrose from an apple or sucrose from a sugar packet?

sugar-sucrose-molecule-3d-model-thumb17798094.jpg
  • BryKate
    Options
    I can pronounce really complicated words. It's one of my many talents.

Not sure how that's relevant to this topic...

...but apparently...

...at least to some people...

...it is.

homemade snack bar: oats, honey, dried fruit, cacoa nibs, organic peanut butter, almonds

. Special K snack bar: CEREAL (RICE, WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT, SUGAR, WHEAT BRAN, SOLUBLE WHEAT FIBER, SALT, MALT FLAVORING, MALTODEXTRIN, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2]), CORN SYRUP, SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, FRUCTOSE, STRAWBERRY FLAVORED FRUIT PIECES (SUGAR, CRANBERRIES, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL STRAWBERRY FLAVOR WITH OTHER NATURAL FLAVORS, ELDERBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE FOR COLOR, SUNFLOWER OIL), SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL OIL)†, MALTODEXTRIN, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF DEXTROSE, SORBITOL, GLYCERIN, NONFAT DRY MILK, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL STRAWBERRY FLAVOR, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, NIACINAMIDE, COLOR ADDED, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), BHT (PRESERVATIVE). †LESS THAN 0.5g TRANS FAT PER SERVING

I know which one I'd prefer to be eating.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

Here's an extra Palm to your face. Yes I am because white granulated processed sugar comes from a cane that grew out of the ground and had stuff done to it. Just like you do stuff to that potato when you Cookiefy it. You bake or boil it, mash it, mix it with other ingredients, bake it. In other words YOU PROCESS IT. Actually I have two hands heres another palm. :TripleFacePalmfor you: Do you have enough face left? Cause you might wanna try saving some right now?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

IN....

for all the fun about to be had.

*"IN" is a registered trademark of jofjltncb6.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

It means you're a chemical or additive. :angry:

Does that mean no one can eat me?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

have you ever considered that you've been fed a bunch of propaganda about food? sugar is sugar. it's just a... gasp... chemical!

e.g., sucrose (table sugar) = C12H22O11
  • BryKate
    Options

Ok I made them:

DGjGsL1.jpg

here are my findings:

2. They are soggy

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs

have you ever considered that you've been fed a bunch of propaganda about food? sugar is sugar. it's just a... gasp... chemical!

e.g., sucrose (table sugar) = C12H22O11

when was the last time you heard of an obesity case due to eating too many vegetables and their natural sugars?
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try these!