Fitbit really is garbage!

Options
124»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    I'm surprised to read that heading. My 3 year-old FitBit Zip has been left out in sub-zero temperatures, run over by my car, and nearly "drowned" in the Atlantic, and it's still counting like a champ.

google for the millions of others that have failed. yours is an exception

Then mine is too
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I'm surprised to read that heading. My 3 year-old FitBit Zip has been left out in sub-zero temperatures, run over by my car, and nearly "drowned" in the Atlantic, and it's still counting like a champ.

Then mine is too

Mine too. I even forgot it on my swimsuit one day. It was submerged with me for 45 minutes and still managed to make it's mocking little face at me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Then mine is too

Same with the four I've owned

• xDesertxRatx
    xDesertxRatx Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is a gimmick. Inaccurate and really not needed. If it helps some then i suppose it's worth it but otherwise don't bother with them. Spend money on something better.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'll bet all these other devices would report about the same 2500 calories burned daily on sedentary days.

I'll bet there is a lack of knowledge about how much the body can burn daily.

And if the only experience with calorie levels is eating and that is 1200 calories thrown out in tons of articles - no wonder 2500 sounds extreme.

This doesn't take away from the other issues obviously - but a misconception could be applied to any of them.

And for the devices mention that used the same light method to measure HR - if the Fitbit didn't do well - those likely won't either.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    Tomtom spark cardio dude. waterproof and has hr

Looks interesting. Any idea if there is a forum I can read up on it?

everything you wanted to know, and things you likely wouldn't even find in a brief manual.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/tomtom-spark-review.html

But it uses an optical HR sensor also - and some people just have a physiology where that isn't going to work well - it's the same method as the Fitbit uses.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It's rarely about hardware. Tomtom could have far from different software

It certainly reports my calories accuracy
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Fitbit is a gimmick. Inaccurate and really not needed. If it helps some then i suppose it's worth it but otherwise don't bother with them. Spend money on something better.

Fitbit is a great device it Motivates people through Challenges that they wouldn't or couldn't other wise partake. My mother at 70 gets her 10,000 steps in everyday because she has a goal to meet and fitbit tracks that goal. I am in multiple challenges which fitbit tracks and find it to be a positive in my life..

positive people see the positive negative people just hate, complain and are rarely every happy