mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    24 Nov.

8828 steps - 3.2 miles
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    THIS is an excellent idea. I used this same strategy to get my steps up about two years ago. I logged my step count every day for a week, then took the most frequent count and started there. I was recovering from a sprained ankle which actually kept me from being able to walk while wearing shoes for about a month. I increased by 100 steps a week. And while it was slow it got me to 10K a day, and from there I usually hit between 15K-20K. Lately I have been slacking though. As crazy as it sounds my MFP activity keeps me from doing as much. So now I have to stay out of here and get back to doing more physical activity. It's just too easy to get in here interacting with my friends on my page or reading through helpful posts. Call me a MFP couch potato.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this sooner!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Not sure what we are going to about next month, our OP has not posted for a while but she used to set us up for the next month with a new link. There are only a few regulars left on the thread any ideas folks
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Not sure what we are going to about next month, our OP has not posted for a while but she used to set us up for the next month with a new link. There are only a few regulars left on the thread any ideas folks

If she doesn't come back in a couple of days maybe some other willing party can do it.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    @spikeyhair and @ThatUserNameIsAlreadyTaken - If Wysewoman53 does not set up the link for next month I can do it.
    Options
    @spikeyhair and @ThatUserNameIsAlreadyTaken - If Wysewoman53 does not set up the link for next month I can do it.

Okay good! I will keep my eye out for new thread. I would volunteer myself but I don't trust myself to keep up the thread. Thanks!
  • spikeyhair
    Options

That would be great let's hope we get a few more involved as I do think it helps even though we are not competing with each other but with ourselves.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    That would be great let's hope we get a few more involved as I do think it helps even though we are not competing with each other but with ourselves.

I also like the fact that as we compete against ourselves that we don't have that magic 10,000 steps or above number stuck in our heads. We do what we each can do and work to improve ourselves at our own pace. Some days I can hit 10,000 steps, other days my body just can't do it, so it is nice to be able to record my steps, good day or bad and feel a sense of accomplishment.
    Options
    I think it's a good change to be in it with people who aren't trying to achieve some super human goal. It makes it less of a competition and more of a positive motivation.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am in the process of getting the Fitbit Charge 2 I believe, is there anything special I need to know? Any words of wisdom.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    @bgoddess2003 - Hi, welcome! All of us here set our own goal and post how we do each day or every couple of days. At the end of the month there will be a link for the tread for next month.
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    25 November

10,339 steps - 4.29 miles
  • Kari_Bear78
    Kari_Bear78 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nov 24th

9501 Steps
    6.08 Km

Nov 25th