Weightlifting: If you can X after Y, you aren't working hard enough.

2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I purposely don't go all out when lifting because I found that it triggered migraines for me. It's the same reason I don't do HiIT. Guess I'm a poser.

Here's a another one where I'm sacrilegious... I prefer dumbbells. Because I have scoliosis and have major imbalances that the barbell only masks. My left side is significantly weaker than my right and working with the barbell only made it worse.

I'm a weirdo.

Not a weirdo :)

I incorporate a lot of dumbbells in my workouts. Right now I am doing dumbbell RDLs because I like the extra range of motion and stretch. I like the added strength I get with big barbell work but find that I can focus on feeling my muscles work more with dumbbells.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I purposely don't go all out when lifting because I found that it triggered migraines for me. It's the same reason I don't do HiIT. Guess I'm a poser.

Here's a another one where I'm sacrilegious... I prefer dumbbells. Because I have scoliosis and have major imbalances that the barbell only masks. My left side is significantly weaker than my right and working with the barbell only made it worse.

I'm a weirdo.

I incorporate a lot of dumbbells in my workouts. Right now I am doing dumbbell RDLs because I like the extra range of motion and stretch. I like the added strength I get with big barbell work but find that I can focus on feeling my muscles work more with dumbbells.

I love dumbbell RDL's! It's probably my favorite lift.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm a weirdo.

I love dumbbell RDL's! It's probably my favorite lift.

I love hamstring exercises. They are probably my favorite muscles to work.