Adding lifting/bulking friends

Options
Hey all, I started a slow clean bulk 3 months ago and have put on 8lbs since then. Went from 119 lbs to 120lbs ( I am 5'10") To be honest I mostly guessed my way through the whole process but somehow still ended up with decent results (I think) I would like to add some friends to see what others are doing and to get ideas on techniques for better muscle building as well as ideas on strength training workouts :)

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    119lbs to 120lbs is 1lb by my maths ;)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to say you now weigh 127 pounds?
  • Northerncyclist234
    Options
    Oops I meant 127lbs haha the auto correct on my phone changes it to 120 for whatever reason haha.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'll be cutting till December then it
    Bulking time, just in time for the Christmas holidays
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I've been making some incredibly slow progress on my bulk, but that's on me. Feel free to add me. I like picking up heavy things and putting them back down.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lifting? Yes.

Bulking? No. I'm actually in somewhat of a cut, right now. I want to make sure I'm at or around 181 so I don't have to do a big cut for my next PL meet. That, and I realize that the upcoming holidays may push my weight back up.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Lifting? Yes.

Bulking? No. I'm actually in somewhat of a cut, right now. I want to make sure I'm at or around 181 so I don't have to do a big cut for my next PL meet. That, and I realize that the upcoming holidays may push my weight back up.

Bit of a threadjack but what is your total?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    LOL - my last meet was a disaster, so only 975. Missed a couple lifts that I had no business missing. My individual lifts on the big three (as of last time I tested them) total 1095 currently. Of course, I haven't tested squat or bench in a few months, and those all were tested on different days. I'm thinking my squat is probably 20-25 lb higher and my bench I think probably 25-40 (as I've been working with a group of guys since mid-August and things have gotten much better). As a 44yo guy that's only been training for about 5 years, I'm not too annoyed with that quasi-total.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm currently bulking, in my third month. My gain is very slow right now so I have to work on my cals. I lift 3-4x per week. Feel free to add me.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I am also team cutting for powerlifting for a few more months probably. Then it's bulk (try to get too fat again/build a decent total) time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I see not many females have joined in.. My clean bulk starts Sunday.. currently cutting till then..Feel free to add me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Im not bulking yet. still trying to lose the last 20 lbs which wont come off. I still lift but will probably be 60 by the time I can start bulking lol
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I am strongly considering a slow bulk. I lost about 8 pounds more than I needed too and do much better in the gym when I am a bit heavier. Interested to see progress. I'm your height (5'11") but quite a bit heavier (145).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I started a slow clean bulk 3 months ago and have put on 8lbs since then. Went from 119 lbs to 120lbs ( I am 5'10") To be honest I mostly guessed my way through the whole process but somehow still ended up with decent results (I think) I would like to add some friends to see what others are doing and to get ideas on techniques for better muscle building as well as ideas on strength training workouts :)

Gaining muscle or strength is a simple formula.

1. Find and follow a progressive lifting program.
    2. Eat a progressive diet relative to your weight gain.
    3. Get plenty of sleep.

Nothing more is needed or better techniques. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Adding muscle or strength is a simple formula.

1. Find a progressive lifting program and work it.
    2. Eat a progressive diet with a surplus relative to your weight gain.
    3. Get plenty of sleep.

Feel free to add me if you wish but there's really are no techniques or anything else needed other than these.

:o Is it really bad for muscle gains if I am not sleeping enough @Chieflrg ? I do make progress but I always worry that I could do so much better if I actually got adequate sleep while bulking. Sigh :/
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

3. Get plenty of sleep.

Feel free to add me if you wish but there's really are no techniques or anything else needed other than these.

:o Is it really bad for muscle gains if I am not sleeping enough @Chieflrg ? I do make progress but I always worry that I could do so much better if I actually got adequate sleep while bulking. Sigh :/

Absolutely. If you are stalling out on any program, almost always it's because of one of these three things are not being met. A body needs to recharge if it's going to grow.
  • sardelsa
    Options

3. Get plenty of sleep.

Absolutely. If you are stalling out on any program, almost always it's because of one of these three things are not being met. A body needs to recharge if it's going to grow.

Yea I understand but unfortunately it is out of my control atm. I will just have to hold on to hope I am recovering at the bare minimum amount to make progress
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking. 5'8"..starting weight was 127 lbs and now I'm 131 lbs. I have been bulking for 4 months now..so a slow bulk.
  • serapel
    Options

3. Get plenty of sleep.

Yea I understand but unfortunately it is out of my control atm. I will just have to hold on to hope I am recovering at the bare minimum amount to make progress

sweetie...it's cold season and you are feeding a baby at night...take it easy on yourself!!! I have so much admiration for you!
  • serapel
    Options
    I'm bulking....5'8" and eating 2200 cals a day. I began at 126 lbs and now weigh 131 lbs 4 months later...so a slow bulk. I think I've managed to lose a bit of body fat tho. Gaining mostly posterior chain.